Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nevermind, no one having a good time is MUCH better tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Editors having a loving whale of a time with that road block. I imagine whoever came up with that just leaning back at their desk when it first came to mind and cackling.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

njsykora posted:

Editors having a loving whale of a time with that road block. I imagine whoever came up with that just leaning back at their desk when it first came to mind and cackling.

Intercutting the Amazing Race mistake noise montage with Kim literally talking about the mistake noise was just perfect

I am fully supporting the flight attendants at this point, but this is the rare season where I'd honestly be fine with any of the remaining teams winning.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

Intercutting the Amazing Race mistake noise montage with Kim literally talking about the mistake noise was just perfect

I am fully supporting the flight attendants at this point, but this is the rare season where I'd honestly be fine with any of the remaining teams winning.

Even Arun and Natalie? I like them but they don't deserve it

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Arun has unexpectedly become the least likeable person still there. Dude gets told something’s coming up on the right and he freaks out about not getting clear directions.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Studio posted:

It's funny going into what is 99% a non elimination leg. I'm feeling very "I just hope the racers have a good time" :)

Often I'm annoyed at non-elims, not always, I like when a team I like is saved.

But in this season? Let them play. These people have been cooped up in their house for a year, the show arranged a lot of tasks and people, and I get the feeling it's just... why not let them play a little extra? this is a happy time. Let them enjoy it. So they decided to have more (I believe; I haven't actually checked the numbers but it feels right) non-elims.

It gives me warm fuzzies.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

blue squares posted:

I don't expect them to have a realistic chance in the end, but if they manage to beat the other teams head-to-head in the finale I'd say they deserve it enough for me. Arun's fairly abrupt heel turn has definitely caught me off-guard though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Arun just had an absolute and complete meltdown lmao.

He actually reminds me a lot of my current boss (same nationality/accent) and they share so many mannerisms it just makes me laugh because I absolutely know the minefield Natalie is constantly dodging.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

blue squares posted:

Counterpoint:

Doesn't matter how much you gently caress up if you make final 3, all it takes is one first :clint:

I am absolutely rooting for Arun and Natalia because it would make me Laugh the most. Though Josh and Brent have a waaaay better story.

Studio fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Feb 25, 2022

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Studio posted:

Counterpoint:

Doesn't matter how much you gently caress up if you make final 3, all it takes is one first :clint:

I am absolutely rooting for Arun and Natalia because it would make me Laugh the most. Though Josh and Brent have a waaaay better story.

Josh and Brent were the gay goat farmers, right? I loved them and was so happy when they won.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

dovetaile posted:

Josh and Brent were the gay goat farmers, right?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I'm rooting for Raquel & Cayla, but really the only team I don't want to see win is Ryan and Dusty. They were okay at first but both seem a little high on their own farts. Give their spot to the dog that was leading them to the pit stop in this leg.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 26, 2022

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ryan and Dusty very much are the team who carry themselves like winning the race is their divine right, and bring to mind a lot the Air Force team from Treasure Hunters. And I recognise that I might be the only person to think of anything from Treasure Hunters since it aired but hopefully they also end up having to watch while someone else takes the win right in front of them.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I like Kim and Penn but I really don't want them to win. I'm pulling for Arun and Natalie as dark horse candidates, and if not them, then the two bros who call each other baby a lot.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:mad:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Good episode and good winners

But what the gently caress changing the air time for the last episode?! My wife and I turned on the TV at 7:58 and saw a spoiler because the episode was halfway over. Then we had to wait until the next day to watch it from the start. We had been excited for the night and the time change ruined it!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Watching the girls get frustrated with the final quiz and start changing stuff they were sure was right was painful. Always good to see The Watermelon again though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good last episode and good winners imo. And considering what it took to even put that together, a pretty satisfying season overall.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
A good season overall considering Covid stuffed things up. It was a fascinating time capsule back to early 2020 for those first two episodes.
Also loved that they filled the cast back up with second chances.
I’d like to see some of the cast again or at least hear how things are for some who couldn’t return.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Was there even a U-Turn this season? I don't mind it, good vibes are welcome considering.

It gave them chance to play with the format a bit. Wonder if the chartered flights will be something they stick with going forward, assuming they've even been renewed? Not sure I've heard yet.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

No, the circumstances I think let them change mechanics for the better in my opinion. Removing the taxi lottery, focusing more of navigation and challenge performance instead of fumbling with foreign languages really made things a lot more fun to watch. I don't know that I'd keep the group departure system but chartered flights between destinations were cool since it meant none of the "oh no we all left super late at night/early morning and the airport isn't open yet" bunch points. The race felt less artificial really.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Yeah I liked this season overall, closest thing to taxi troubles was that poor guy wandering by who got accosted for directions by both teams. I am curious how fast the third place team did the memory challenge since they didn't show it.

I also liked that it felt like we spent more time with everyone, less teams due to the pandemic and the pacing with the non-elim rounds felt good to me. I just feel they should also make the first leg non-elim for both this game and Survivor, let people get their bearings. I do appreciate the people going on the shows having done their homework and preparation. And getting to see how much crew they had there was hilarious. Always fun trying to spot the cameras in those crowded cars so it is good to see them all get a spotlight.

I hope we get another season soon, though it will be rough to film for a while yet for many reasons.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Well there was that ad at the end of the finale encouraging people to apply to be on the next season, so there are definitely plans to do another one. Dunno if we'll see it before sometime in 2023, though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jng2058 posted:

Well there was that ad at the end of the finale encouraging people to apply to be on the next season, so there are definitely plans to do another one. Dunno if we'll see it before sometime in 2023, though.

If they haven't even starting filming it yet I can't imagine it's coming before 2023

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Man, that last memory challenge was pretty tricky, I love it.

Was definitely rooting for Raquel and Kayla, but Kim and Penn are definitely worthy winners, no complaints there. Would love to see the girls back for another try at some point.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

ShakeZula posted:

Man, that last memory challenge was pretty tricky, I love it.

Was definitely rooting for Raquel and Kayla, but Kim and Penn are definitely worthy winners, no complaints there. Would love to see the girls back for another try at some point.

While that would be cool, if anyone gets another shot it should be some of the teams that couldn't come back after the break. Probably not the couple who broke up, but may one of the three teams torpedoed by injury, COVID, or pregnancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Invite Michael and Moe back and reintroduce the starting line elimination (literally the worst twist of any TAR season), as a prank.

Connie + Sam and Anthony + Spencer would be my pick of returnees from the eliminated. Both groups really seemed to have a grip on what they were doing when filming ended (3.66 and 4.33 average finish). Taylor and Isaiah did seem quite nice, but they also were just not great at the race. If they improved they'd also own.