Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
i’ve been doom scrolling r/antiwork to much and now i want to rage against the machine and implement the cia workplace sabotage handbook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ok

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
The cloud already took the work but we're still employed. Whats the problem?

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
im outraged by proxy

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i do very little work

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
work is awful, and reading antiwork reminds you that work is awful and capitalism is awful.

on the other hand, you're a pmc computer toucher and being at the top of the pile of those who are exploited for surplus value is an envious place to be.

wouldn't it be easier if you could drink the koolaid and take work seriously, play the game, believe in the story that capital tells you?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i simply dont have a job, OP

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020

ultravoices posted:

wouldn't it be easier if you could drink the koolaid and take work seriously, play the game, believe in the story that capital tells you?

ah, red pill/blue pill, gotcha

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
those stories on antiwork, the ones that are of employers failing to compensate the employees and the employee leaves and the company is half hosed are very satisfying to read. same with the ones about fuckwit managers

Carrier
May 12, 2009

echinopsis posted:

those stories on antiwork, the ones that are of employers failing to compensate the employees and the employee leaves and the company is half hosed are very satisfying to read. same with the ones about fuckwit managers

I'm pretty sure at this point that like 50% of them are faked in some way but I dont care i want to believe

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
oh, i have no doubt at least half of it is either fake or seriously enhanced for effect, but it’s a Tarantino-grade revenge orgy.

it’s also a lot better than all the ttdh garbage that linkedin is filled with.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

working hard, thank you!

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

hbag posted:

i simply dont have a job, OP

i thought your job was getting probated

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I get paid way too much for how little work I actually do, so it’s hard to complain

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
i tried working hard, but that only made me feel bad because poo poo is broken beyond my ability to fix it, so I accepted that I can’t do anything.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Carrier posted:

I'm pretty sure at this point that like 50% of them are faked in some way but I dont care i want to believe

a lot of it is probably faked but it’s good to remind folks of the power they do have

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

even if it’s 50% stdh, i think it’s beneficial to get it out in the world.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Kernel Sanders posted:

oh, i have no doubt at least half of it is either fake or seriously enhanced for effect, but it’s a Tarantino-grade revenge orgy.

it’s also a lot better than all the ttdh garbage that linkedin is filled with.

my linkedin feed is looking more like fb every day

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

The Management posted:

I get paid way too much for how little work I actually do, so it’s hard to complain

bingo

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Carrier posted:

who cares

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

The Management posted:

simple as

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Kernel Sanders posted:

i’ve been doom scrolling r/antiwork to much and now i want to rage against the machine and implement the cia workplace sabotage handbook

well, dont let me stop ya

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The Management posted:

this is the ticket

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Carrier posted:

Dear penthouse, I never thought this would happen to me,

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Poopernickel posted:

Dear penthouse, I never thought this would happen to me,

Yeah, as viscerally enjoyable as the stories may be, it's a bad idea to consider them anything but fiction that must be viewed critically. Because it's all be fun and games until one of your co-workers who is way too into Reddit takes it all way too seriously and decides to...

Kernel Sanders posted:

[...] implement the cia workplace sabotage handbook

...leaving you to pick up the pieces.

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020

LanceHunter posted:

to be fair the cia sabotage handbook is basically the SAFe 5.0 certification

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

LanceHunter posted:

Yeah, as viscerally enjoyable as the stories may be, it's a bad idea to consider them anything but fiction that must be viewed critically. Because it's all be fun and games until one of your co-workers who is way too into Reddit takes it all way too seriously and decides to...

you were gonna have to work anyway

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Cat Face Joe posted:

my linkedin feed is looking more like fb every day

lol if you check your LinkedIn feed

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

Kernel Sanders posted:

to be fair the cia sabotage handbook is basically the SAFe 5.0 certification

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

LanceHunter posted:

so i must read it critically to prevent my coworker from reading it uncritically? what are you talking about

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

fart simpson posted:

so i must read it critically to prevent my coworker from reading it uncritically? what are you talking about

When you read it critically and can point out the the agenda of the piece, then you're better equipped to point those things out to your coworker who may be reading it uncritically.

Yes, I understand the massive leap I am making in assuming that anyone in YOSPOS actually has social conversations with their coworkers.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol no, not about fuckin reddit

we do talk about henry george tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
are you trying to tell me that stinking isn’t a form of social communication

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

LanceHunter posted:

When you read it critically and can point out the the agenda of the piece, then you're better equipped to point those things out to your coworker who may be reading it uncritically.

Yes, I understand the massive leap I am making in assuming that anyone in YOSPOS actually has social conversations with their coworkers.

sorry but im not gonna talk about reddit with my coworkers. and im not gonna stop them if they want to sabotage or burn the place down or whatever

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

imagine your coworker complaining about work and you start saying stuff like "well you see, the boss actually has it hard too..."

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
what rereg is this

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

help i am in my mid thirties and am still thrilled by someone i don't care about telling me i am a genius

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no he said you were “a genies balls”

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

fart simpson posted:

imagine your coworker complaining about work and you start saying stuff like "well you see, the boss actually has it hard too..."

See we are all paid so well, that a union is unnecessary...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy