Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

sage is probably my favorite rapper ever, he started recording himself rapping at 8 years old on a tape deck and uses some of it still as samples in his music, he started sneaking out of his house at 12 to participate in local rap battles which is just so much more badass than i could have imagined being at that age. he is very honest about his struggles with mental health issues and i appreciate that because it really makes me feel less alone. my favorite tracks are Climb Trees, Crack Pipes, Escape Artist and Little Houdini. He was I think the only rapper to ever be featured on a Punk-O-Rama compilation because he was signed to Epitaph Records at the time, his song about 9/11 Makeshift Patriot was on volume 8 and his song Sun Vs Moon was on volume 10. He has a ton of releases and I feel like there is something for everyone in his oeuvre. and he can rock a dress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I saw him in flagstaff once, had a friend really into him, B Dolan and that strange famous crew. Good stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-utMO586HCg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poZz2bKaonM

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Dude based a beat for a whole song off a piano riff in a loving skycamefalling song. Dude is legendary.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Stelio Kontos posted:

Dude based a beat for a whole song off a piano riff in a loving skycamefalling song. Dude is legendary.

wait what song is that? i love skycamefalling

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
This might take me awhile to find, might require a YouTube deep dive on my part. I’ll do my best.

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

Not to take away from Sage because he's awesome, but minor point of correction: Punk-O-Rama Vol. 8 also included Atmosphere! I know because it was my first exposure to both of them. Later volumes also included other favorites Eyedea & Abilities, and DANGERDOOM, so I have the feeling that finding those cheap compilation CDs back then was the crossover point into hip hop for a lot of punk rock people in the early 2000s. As to some favorite sage songs? I've always had a soft spot for Broken Wings and Sea Lion. I also always get a fun chuckle when I hear the voice mail threat, even if he doesn't actually rap anything on it, it's just a hilarious interlude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

Gone Fashing posted:

wait what song is that? i love skycamefalling

Thanks to the poster above me for mentioning it, “Broken Wings” samples the piano from scf’s “With Paper Wings”.