Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Ruggan posted:

Lot of good suggestions in this thread.

I’d personally love to see something based on Grim Fandango.

The style of that game was so great. I need to play through that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sm_sa
Mar 8, 2005
sm
Hidden & Dangerous
Hostile Waters

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Soldier of Fortune.

Too many FPSs now a days have very sanitized combat. If I shoot a dude in the arm at close range with a shotgun he shouldn't have an arm anymore.

Hell, just give me a CoD game with Soldier of Fortune gimmicks. They are already rated M, might as well go hog wild.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I'd really love to see another Jet Force Gemini. It might not work now though because part of the magic was the strange, only partially realized worlds due to the N64's limitations. Doing it now would probably end up being made like Rachet and Clank. Which is its own good series but something else.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Metal Fatigue. Giant mechs with swappable parts beating each other up while a traditional RTS happens is a Good Formula

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Maybe that's what the new armored core will be like.

:getin:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Capilarean posted:

Magic Carpet for sure. That game had crazy stuff for the 90's. Fully deformable terrain, summonable armies, environmental interactions, all fun stuff.
I want to see what they could do with that concept today.

:haibrower:

I'm honestly surprised that nobody has ever came close to this game. Seriously it was just nuts.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Metal Arms Glitch in the System.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
My 7-year-old would probably bite someone's hand off for a new Vigilante 8 game.

I would have said Fear Effect, but someone actually did a new game and it was, uh, not well received.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Has there been an official new Katamari game that wasn't just a rerelease of one of the older ones?

Bandfuse: I know, I'm in the absolute minority of people who liked this game and I still can't play guitar, but I was obsessed with it for about a month almost a decade ago. I know Rocksmith more or less became the winner in that war, but Bandfuse did some things I liked that RS(2014) didn't.

I liked the use of the tab-like systems for note playing. The music video stuff gave you something to watch if you were taking turns. The progression system being tied to a 'tour'-gimmick seemed a nice way to gauge where you were at.

It didn't have the polish of Guitar Hero/Rock Band/Rocksmith, but I think it still had a lot of charm.

Also, given the music video nature of it, it could have some potential to capitalize on music from the early 80s-early 00s when MTV still reigned supreme, so a lot of songs had music videos, which could be a blessing or a curse depending on the situation. Unlike the other games which don't rely on a music video feature, the game might be reliant on ONLY songs with available music videos unless they used stock footage content as filler for songs that never had any.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
https://youtu.be/3JCGZFQZkdc

This, just make more of it.

No need to update the 3D engine, they’ve already picked a perfect aesthetic to go with the limited technology. Just more awesome new music, cheesy 70’s action film tropes, old cars in chases across the desert and blowing each other up with ridiculous weaponry.

I mean, it doesn’t really need the old IP as such, nobody remembers those characters anyway, so just make some more of that content already!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Zork

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Payndz posted:

My 7-year-old would probably bite someone's hand off for a new Vigilante 8 game.

I would have said Fear Effect, but someone actually did a new game and it was, uh, not well received.

A new vigilante 8 would be stellar.

Id honestly like to see third person rpgs return just not souls like. The older faster style (otogi etc)

Not saying souls is bad just that id like to see more variety.

Am I allowed to nebulously say I want the dead IP of coop gameplay to come back

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Payndz posted:

Honestly Sedna sort of nailed the style but so much of Fear Effect was the strange gameplay/cinematic death loop and the weird XCom lite gameplay could never replicate that.

and also it just isn't particularly fun to play

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Hardwar had a unique setting I'd like to see again, but I doubt people are much interested in Grungy British Bladerunner with trance music.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Ape Escape. Discussion of 3D collectathons amid their recent revival has focused more on the Mario, Banjo and Spyro series, but Ape Escape was secretly the best of them all along. How do you make the core act of collecting more engaging? By allowing the collectibles to fight you back in a variety of ways. Genius. Also I reckon you could integrate the PS5 haptics in a fun way similar to Astro Bot.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Hollow Knight

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Mutant league

VVVVVV this was a cool video and other than that I agree https://youtu.be/TWvpD-w0BCY

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 30, 2022

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Node posted:

Get them on gog. They all work.

Might and Magic Remastered would be amazing though.

nice. ill have to check em out on gog. i own v-x on cds but you cant beat vi or vii because theres points youre suppose to use a spell to progress and the spell doesnt work at modern fps and ive run it in 95 mode and it still doesnt work. you can also do insane poo poo like run through an entire dungeon not getting hit. so i think ide still want a remaster. ubisoft did nothing with that ip worth while.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

pnumoman posted:

Alpha Protocol, with even more reactivity in the story.
I replayed this a few times over the Christmas break. It isn't a long game but it is fun how things change with your choices. Too bad the gameplay is subpar. It really is a game that screams out for a sequel.

Rudy Kadett posted:

I would murder many people for a new Hidden & Dangerous. I personally think the best way for a sequel to be made is take the best maps/campaigns from both games and remaster those while improving the RPG mechanics from the sequel. Who the hosed cared about lockpicking?
I would too.

Givin posted:

Nox and Crusader: No Remorse/ No Regret
I would love a new Crusader game. The weapons and gadgets in that game kicked rear end. The over the top violence was great too. *clears room with AR-7 rocket launcher*

Vampire Panties posted:

Crusader: No Regret / No Remorse

A cherry-red Boba Fett traitor from ~tHe cOrPoRaTiOnS~ shooting your way through a real time isometric world. IIRC it used the Ultima engine so the controls were extremely janky for a shooter, but the level design and in-game writing was top notch.
The FMVs were a lol. Music was was great too. Regret's music was composed by the same guy who did some of Deus Ex's music.

I would like a new Ghost Recon that is much more similar to the original and GRAW than the more recent entries.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Zoo tycoon but not the 3D one

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

HellOnEarth posted:

Monkey Island…. Just a good old fashioned 2D point and click pirate adventure.

Well-

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1510995843444314122

Point and click adventures haven't been dead for a while, just pretty niche, and Monkey Island had a pretty good game fairly recently, but I thought it was going to be gone forever, locked in Disney's IP vaults as not worth the mouse's time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

SlothfulCobra posted:

Well-

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1510995843444314122

Point and click adventures haven't been dead for a while, just pretty niche, and Monkey Island had a pretty good game fairly recently, but I thought it was going to be gone forever, locked in Disney's IP vaults as not worth the mouse's time.

I came here to post this. Truly, miracles can happen.