Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010
Hello Gamer Goons,

I am a sometimes lurker of your lovely end of the forums. I'm sure I'm risking a ban for this, but I've got to try. We're struggling as a family to get hold of PS3 consoles, and copies of Gran Turismo 5 and 6. My brother is autistic, and although he will tell everyone and anyone how he loves racing games, if they are not those two he gets like SO MAD! So I thought hey, maybe someone on this end of things has a copy of either, or a PS3 taking up space. We don't have anyone we're aware of in our area fixing them anymore and it's spotty about being able to find them. Yes we can find them on Amazon but when you have a dude that is legit using an elder system for upwards of 12 hours a day well... they die.

So fellow goons here it is. I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. I'm not asking for free. I'm happy to pay for shipping, I'm happy to pay for games and systems. I'm just asking for these technically four things:

Gran Turismo 5
Gran Turismo 6
Just the regular versions nothing special because... spectrum.
Playstation 3 consoles that are in working order. I don't care if you've put stickers all over them. I don't care what style, so long as it's a PS3.
And Playstation 3 controllers if you have them and they work. He's hard on his stuff.

I know an emulator should work, but my brother is pretty intellectually disabled on top of the autism, and tourettes and a lot of other things that feel like a TLC level sob story if I add them all up. He knows how to use a console, and his ability to learn new skills is declining. My brother is 40 and in general is on the decline. Not like tomorrow, but we're definitely in his autumn years. If you know, you know.

So if anybody needs extra space and some delicious monies please get in touch, I'll keep on eye on this thread, I can also be private messaged, and am reachable at slightlyusedcake@gmail.com. Hell if you're in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick I'm willing to come to you and retrieve it!

Mods, if I've put this in the wrong forum please let me know and I'll move it. Or you know ban me with a hilarious tag, it's cool. Thanks folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
You'd have better luck in SA Mart

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Let me get back to you tomorrow. I believe I have a copy of Gran Turismo 5. The PS3 I am unwilling to part with unfortunately. Is a PS4 with Gran Turismo Sport, and GT7 not possible though?

I hope this thread is okay because the thread title is funny to me, and I feel called out by the thread in general lol. Except I live in the states.

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Let me get back to you tomorrow. I believe I have a copy of Gran Turismo 5. The PS3 I am unwilling to part with unfortunately. Is a PS4 with Gran Turismo Sport, and GT7 not possible though?

I hope this thread is okay because the thread title is funny to me, and I feel called out by the thread in general lol. Except I live in the states.

PS4 is beyond his capabilities, but I will absolutely buy that Gran Turismo 5 off of you if you're interested. I have no idea what a fair price is for good condition second hand console games these days.

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010

beer gas canister posted:

You'd have better luck in SA Mart

I uh, stupidly completely forgot that exists. Sorry, my brain has been malfunctioning lately from war/end of year stress. Thank you! I'll check over there!

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010
Just wanted to put an update here for anyone following. My big brother Derek will have two new to him machines coming his way shortly, and really importantly some new discs!!! Goons, you continue to be amazing and lovely, wonderful people. I cannot thank you enough. From the bottom of my cold dead heart, thank you :)

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Slightly Used Cake posted:

Just wanted to put an update here for anyone following. My big brother Derek will have two new to him machines coming his way shortly, and really importantly some new discs!!! Goons, you continue to be amazing and lovely, wonderful people. I cannot thank you enough. From the bottom of my cold dead heart, thank you :)

Sweet! My apologies for not getting back to this thread sooner, I did not have time yesterday. I am really glad everything worked out.