Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

are you a time traveler from the mid 2000s cause newegg sucks now and frys/compusa/everything thats not best buy are fuckin dead

https://www.centralcomputer.com/storelocation :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

order everything from aliexpress and forget about them within a month. that way every time something arrives, it's like the mid-autumn festival!

or microcenter, i suppose

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i use to use newegg just for finding products since they actually fill in the meta data for all the products

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

dioxazine posted:

order everything from aliexpress and forget about them within a month. that way every time something arrives, it's like the mid-autumn festival!

or microcenter, i suppose

I call that "An Idiot's Christmas"

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

why would you buy a bug zapper from the cable store? why does the cable store even have a bug zapper?

e: gonna buy a bunch of stuff from the cable store

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

are you a time traveler from the mid 2000s cause newegg sucks now and frys/compusa/everything thats not best buy are fuckin dead

in some states it's still the mid aughts where micro center exists and they still have the old posters of famous computer touchers on the wall next to an absolutely beastly selection of home and corporate networking equipment

wanna hem and haw over usb cables? there's a whole aisle of them. feeling lucky? check out the returns, discounts, refurbs, and clearance section

bring your most dad-at-the-hardware-store demeanor over to micro center today!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
there's a micro center like 10 mins from me and its a good place to go when you need something right now

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001
I feel bad for people that don’t have access to a Microcenter.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
we have the rear end in a top hat cousin of microcenter, canada computers

useful occasionally, but pricey and staffed exclusively by Super Goony Assholes for the most part

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i dont even have a costco, let alone a microcenter

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001

Shaggar posted:

i dont even have a costco, let alone a microcenter

sounds like you live in an area that sucks

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mediaphage posted:

useful occasionally, but pricey and staffed exclusively by Super Goony Assholes for the most part

last time i went to a canada computers one of the staffers was one of my friends from high school. confirmed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mediaphage posted:

we have the rear end in a top hat cousin of microcenter, canada computers

ime the ones around here are pretty good, and they used to price match, although i have no idea if they still do.

i got a 3070 in early 2021 at MSRP at the one downtown toronto because they just so happened to get a shipment in that morning and there were some one the shelves when i went in

Sagebrush posted:

last time i went to a canada computers one of the staffers was one of my friends from high school. confirmed

the one in brampton was managed by a guy who was a co-op student at my last retail computer job

so yes, that part is accurate

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 24, 2022

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

reminder if you’re in the bay area you should buy your future e-waste from central computer they’re good folks

e:beaten

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
Every peripheral Ive bought on Amazon in the last year has been cheap dogshit that broke op

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
they a/b tested themselves right into the ground

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

i bought some weird bug zapper wand from monoprice on a whim and it was chintzy aliexpress crap that died after like 4 uses. was fun frying fruit flies while it lasted though, and the ethernet cables were still good, so vov

i bought some usb-c cablies on newegg trying to avoid amazon and it came in an amazon box from an amazon warehouse

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
fulfillment is a flat circle

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i bought some usb-c cablies on newegg trying to avoid amazon and it came in an amazon box from an amazon warehouse

should have just ordered from amazon and saved some money

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
also i ordered some 3m aura masks on amazon that never arrived. got a refund but my review of the item said “i wonder if amazon will remove this fraudulent seller from their platform because products you order but never arrive are bad for the customer” and it got flagged for violating their “community guidelines”

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

also i ordered some 3m aura masks on amazon that never arrived. got a refund but my review of the item said “i wonder if amazon will remove this fraudulent seller from their platform because products you order but never arrive are bad for the customer” and it got flagged for violating their “community guidelines”

thats fine i hate when people review a seller by reviewing an item

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

mediaphage posted:

thats fine i hate when people review a seller by reviewing an item

this “item” was a pack only available from this seller. it’s a completely fake item with (now, not when i ordered it) all 1 star reviews.

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 25, 2022