Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
that title is horrible and I hate you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

theshim posted:

that title is horrible and I hate you

It could've been worse, it could've been "She's here." or some variation thereof.

Interesting strategy with the blocks, it somehow never occurred to me when I played. Or maybe it did, it's been forever since I've played. Been so long since I've played actually, I've forgotten a lot of my own strategy, heh. Besides it being typical "throw Camilla or Xander at problems" in many cases.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Awesome entry! Soleil is one of my favorite child units because she's such a good canned unit. Even with scuffed parentage, she probably has at least one solid build to go with.

I'm excited to see how you pull off the child paralogues, because once the enemies get promoted, they tend to really stump me. Like in this map, the extra move the Dark Knights and Sorceros gets really makes you have to hustle to recruit Soleil and defend the green units. Still love the gimmick though.

The Master Ninjas near the village in Ignatius' paralogue are some of the worst examples of this though, imo. That map scales like mad, and I have no idea how to legitimately do it lategame lol.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I’ve wrapped up everything I’m doing with Engage for the time being, so we should be back to more regular updates soon once I stop flubbing my inputs for the next recording because I’m too used to Engage controls

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I'm sad to see your Engage streams end but glad that this is back on track.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihNMTMmCeCQ

In search of lost knowledge, Odin takes us to a small but famous town in Hoshido's desert region.

C Supports

A Supports

Zoran fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 14, 2023

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

This chapter in a nutshell: Good news! We unlocked Ophelia and I made her awesome!

Bad news! The challenge means I have to desperately ration her out rather than just throw her solo into everything.

Meko750
Jun 24, 2023
Sorry to ask, but I'm confused about something. With this being Odin's final chapter, that means he's achieved all his requirements as a unit. Obviously he's married Elise, he's hit level 25, and he achieved his A+ with Laslow. Leo's using Odin's A+ support, so that explains them, but why did Niles and Odin reach A Support as well if there's no A+ supports to be gained from it? Was that just an extra bit of completion that you were able to work in, or am I misunderstanding the rule about friendship supports?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Just for fun!

theshim
May 1, 2012

So how's your level requirement rule going to work for the child units? Are you just going to aim for level 15 promoted?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Should finish recording commentary for the next episode this weekend, so expect an update soon! lol work made a complete liar out of me

theshim posted:

So how's your level requirement rule going to work for the child units? Are you just going to aim for level 15 promoted?

Most of them are going to meet it trivially with their Offspring Seals, but because of the requirement that they have to get married, we'll be forced to use them all for a long time. The need to build supports for the kids becomes a huge constraint on deployment in the late game.

On my two previous playthroughs of the game under slightly different versions of this challenge, I got all the remaining kids right after Chapter 20. This time I intend to wait on some of them until after Chapter 21. That'll give those later kids some extra experience for free (kinda), and their paralogues will grant more experience because the enemies will be at higher levels, but I'll have to jam all the support points required on the last few kids into just six story missions.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 18, 2023

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

After some long delays, this will be back… tomorrow! (I’m rendering the next episode tonight.)

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Glad to see you back! Always enjoy your videos.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH_un7mnftY

We circumvent Hoshidan defenses by trekking through a woodland realm that is home to a tribe of kitsune. Hopefully, we can negotiate a peaceful passage.

C Supports

B Supports

A Supports

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Perhaps one day, we will learn why Beruka wanted to pet that squirrel.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Glad to see this back

theshim
May 1, 2012

I do not like Kitsune Hell, but I dislike it less than certain other maps because it can be pretty simply solved in a way that makes its gimmick mostly ignorable. Optimizing it like you did is another story entirely, but my brain is too small and smooth for that anyway :v: (The map I absolutely hate the most is coming up next, but I'm sure you'll make it look easy.)

Those turn 1 hit rates for Corrin dual strikes were pretty rough, but I guess it's not so bad to have some unreliability on turn 1, pretty quick to redo it.

The Gunter shuffle to one round the northern group was absurd.

Meko750
Jun 24, 2023

theshim posted:

The Gunter shuffle to one round the northern group was absurd.

Every time I think I’ve seen everything Zoran can do, he pulls something else out of his bag of tricks.

Meko750 fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Oct 29, 2023

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Ks2JfJU2Q

It's time to prove ourselves worthy of the legendary Yato, according to the standards of noted thrillseeker Fuga.

C Supports

B Supports

A Supports

S Supports

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Christmas came early!

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
This was definitely one of the maps I was most looking forward to the Zoran treatment for. It has so much space for weird moves after all. It's definitely one of the maps that made me lament the lack of Divine Pulse, though.

Tightly done, per usual, though the # of times relying on a 94%ish hit chance to hand axe kill an archer with a flyer made me kind of cringe, not gonna lie. Especially with the late-map rolls of that.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

This chapter is so hard for me, so I'm going to pick this video apart for help. Nice installment!

One thing I really liked about this clear was how often the wind was used to position Heartseeker. Using Ophelia on the Dragon Vein to summon an enemy at her, or sliding her right next to Hayato at the start of a turn were super clean, love to see it!

theshim
May 1, 2012

I hate this map so much, but I will freely admit I'm extremely impressed (yet again) at how well you made use of every wind current to position everyone exactly where you wanted them. And so many of your fliers spent the entire mission with almost no hp, which was causing me some real anxiety, but as usual, everything was lined up right.

That 1% crit though :sweatdrop: Lucky it was on the dual attack and not the front one!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I’m back on this after wrapping up some work trips that took over most of the last several weeks. I did get to make some progress on my planning file while I was traveling, but it’s hard to settle on things, because the temptation to try to work in even more wacky stuff with the last few kids is very strong…

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
The fun thing about this LP is seeing all the precision and planning that goes into the stages, so I certainly won't say no to more wacky plans, but I'd also be happy with the previous plans and a text breakdown of the more interesting ideas you had after the stages where they would have happened. It should be interesting either way.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I Want To See
The Perfect
Midori

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Forget that, I'm just waiting to see the attempt to make a man out of seigbert

theshim
May 1, 2012

The wackier the better, this run is already incredibly absurd.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Siegbert is fine without too much help. Free Cavalier skills and flight inheritance from dad (and a soft choice in class up and maybe even a free skill thanks to the Offspring Seal + Xander's relatively late join) make him usable without much difficulty.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
really, if you can't kill takumi with eight different children,

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Working on writing commentary on the next episode this week. I would normally finish the final recording and mixing on the weekend, but I have a lot of events planned for this weekend, so I expect to have it out in the middle of next week some time.

Sorry for all the delays—I got a promotion a little while ago and also got involved in some other real-life social stuff, and that means I no longer have quite as many free hours during my work-from-home job to play video games and work on this stuff. But I am very committed to finishing this. I’ve just about gotten my planning file to the endgame and I feel pretty good about my intended class pathing, resource management, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Thanks for the heads-up. I've been here for two years, I can wait a little while longer.