Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i saw it OP and its as boring and offputting as the games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The halo games are bad so why would the show be any different

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

I was under the impression that the main character isn't actually Master Chief.
As in, he might hold the RANK of Master Chief, but he's not THE Master Chief from the games.
Also the series takes place in an alt universe so nothing in it affects the games and game lore is out the window when they want to twiddle with plots and stuff.

Other than playing the first three games a long time ago, I don't know any of the deeper lore, as in never read the books that came out (the hell..?) or the latest games. I understand there's been a lot of story since the first three, so I'm sure fans of the series are probably pissed or waiting like hell for something to pop up.

I almost wonder if the show wouldn't have been better served setting it up as almost a full action thing, where each episode is a mission, and each season a campaign. Several minutes at the start and end of each episode for briefing/debriefing and offering a glimpse of the goings on of the larger world. Even break aways when MC finds an object or something and calls it in, get a flashback scene or a break out moment describing it/history/why people want whatever it is/etc.

The idea of the show instead being action/drama with more interpersonal relationships and lots of talking and stuff - which on its own isn't bad - just doesn't fit Halo. The entire point is to be a faceless no name thing that the player puts themselves into to shoot lasers at poo poo. Not make political decisions and terse personal emotional moments.

This sounds like an actual good show based on a video game, and therefore will never be made.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
HaBLOW sucks call me when they make a sweet CoD tv show

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

HaBLOW sucks call me when they make a sweet CoD Dwarf Fortress tv show

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I never understood why a master chef was fighting a war against aliens.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
I'm glad they kept the topless computer lady, that's central to the artistic integrity.
I also like the way they deal with the jeep's handling by always having it happen be driving over a slip-and-slide.

e: Also love the way Halo constantly jumps around whenever someone talks to him. Authentic.

Xaintrailles fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 28, 2022

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
no

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Xaintrailles posted:

I'm glad they kept the topless computer lady, that's central to the artistic integrity.
I also like the way they deal with the jeep's handling by always having it happen be driving over a slip-and-slide.

e: Also love the way Halo constantly jumps around whenever someone talks to him. Authentic.

Uhhhhhh mods?

Excuse me?!

She is NOT topless. Ok?
She is feminine but does NOT have extremely detailed secondary sexual characteristics they are VERY tastefully covered by her virtual skin tight spandex digital outerwear, thank you.
AND FURTHERMORE her NAME is Cortana. NOT 'Computer Lady'. Talk about DEMEANING someone? Why don't you take a look in a mirror, BUD.

And on THAT note, HIS name is not HALO. Halo is a ring world? Alright? One of at least more than one that exist. In space. Maybe you've heard of that? Probably not since you're so busy staring at Cortana's boobs and playing throw the ball or what have you, you APE. His NAME is Master Chief John 117 and no I don't know what happened to John's 1-116 that is part of the mystery and maybe if you SHUT YOUR DIP HOLE LONG ENOUGH I could watch the show and find out. Think we can try that hot shot??? I thought so. Not so TOUGH now are ya once you get a little knowledge SPOON FED to you about the hardest guy in the universe Master Chief John 117.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

im watching the first epispde right now. i cam confirm it is a real television show.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
His name is master chief John Halo. Hail to the King baby, always bet on 117.

I'm just like the Chief. My girlfriend is a computer too

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Heck i didnt even see the OLD halo tv show

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Master chief should take off his helmet and reveal himself to be Sylvester Stallone.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
When he took his helmet off all I could see was that guy in the dockworker season of The Wire.

edit: turns out that's because it is him.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Big Beef City posted:

Not so TOUGH now are ya once you get a little knowledge SPOON FED to you about the hardest guy in the universe Master Chief John 117.

Yeah I liked when he got it out too but hardest in the universe? Halo is clearly flaccid in his second shower scene and all the way through Captain's "dicks out" speech.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I can't believe they killed off Mister Chef in the first episode, but i enjoyed that they wrote on this tombstone that "eh didn't afraid of anything"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Half-Life tv show is so much better and more erudite

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Applewhite posted:

Master chief should take off his helmet and reveal himself to be Sylvester Stallone.

Judge Dredd was a p good movie...

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

kntfkr posted:

master queef

Get outta my head man

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

Half-Life tv show is so much better and more erudite

I want the intro to be some kind of really lovely prog-rock/techno music as really dark shapes and lines move slowly across the screen and an extremely sampled, yet almost comically overly sexy womans voice intones "They're waiting for you...in the test chamber, Gordon.." repeatedly.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I remember there was a thing called red vs blue. Is this show just that again?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

tbqh, gamerwords is pretty authentic to the halo xbox live experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

The chief story and character is boring. I want to see the story of Thel'Vadam please and thank you.

This is how I felt playing after playing through the campaign of Halo 2 last year and then jumping into Halo 3 only to find out you're Master Chief forever in single player from that point forward.