Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013

Bad Purchase posted:

it was a beautiful area, but the town seemed fairly dead.

Probably due to coxsackievirus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coxsackievirus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

I got this once in my 20s and it was among the worst experiences of my life. My entire mouth and throat were covered in blisters, I couldn’t eat for 2 weeks and swallowing liquid was like being stabbed all the way down.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ellasmith posted:

I got this once in my 20s and it was among the worst experiences of my life. My entire mouth and throat were covered in blisters, I couldn’t eat for 2 weeks and swallowing liquid was like being stabbed all the way down.

but what did you think of the town while you were ill?

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

Bad Purchase posted:

but what did you think of the town while you were ill?

Seemed like a nice place.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://youtu.be/bM1qXOfZchQ

Scholastic Match-Up: Coxsakie-Athens vs Rhinebeck

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Also, almost everyone I met in Upstate NY from like Greene County to Albany County had a part as (or knew a relative who was) an extra in the depression-fest movie known as Ironweed.