Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm going overseas for work next month, Norway specifically. I dont have a lot of questions about that as its going to be short and sweet and focused on work during the days, but if anyone can offer any tidbits I ought to know or tips for the Stavanger area that would be great.

I have a dreadful stopover of over 15 hours in London on the way back (Mind you I've never been across the pond at all). Looking at google, looks like I oughta be able to take public transit from Heathrow into the heart of London at the expense of an hour, presumably the same going back so that will leave me plenty of time to gently caress around. Does that make sense? Is it worth it? I've flown dozens of times within Canada but never anything like this, and I just want to know if there are any strategies I ought to be aware of because I will spontaneously combust if I'm to spend the entire stopover in the airport, and I'd like to make the most of the time I have. Airport lockers are a thing, right? Practical? I'll be packing fairly light and I'd just like to leave my bag and go explore. Help.

codo27 fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think 15 hours is plenty of time to make it worth it. As you say, it's -2 hours for the trip downtown and back and another -2 for check in/security at the aiport which still leaves 11 hours to explore the city. Unless you're arriving in the middle of the night, I'd definitely do it. Not sure about airport lockers.