Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I won a thing! Pro tip: fly to Hawaii for all future contests, it's a sure thing. I'd really like go back to this area and spend more time investigating the rocks, there's a ton to explore there. Lava flows are awesome.

The concept for April is diversion. Multiple meanings for the word, so go be interpretive.

RULES:
This thread is for posting pics & voting.
1. One submission/poster. You can change your submission as many times as you want, so long as you only have one entry when the voting begins. Edit your post to do this, please.
2. Single photos only - no video, triptychs, or multi-photo entries. Blending exposures into a single image (such as focus stacking, or HDR), is ok though.
3. Photos must be taken during the period of the contest. No pulling out old favorites!
4. Contest will be open until [at least] the last day of the month at 11:59 p.m. GMT after which voting will begin
5. Voting will continue until some time after that, probably the 2nd or 3rd.
6. Use good judgment/good taste if venturing into NSFW or potentially offensive territory. PM me or a mod if you have questions.
7. When voting, please use the spoiler tag.
8. In the event of a tie the OP of the thread selects the winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I get the feeling this theme sucks! Sorry about that, I guess they can't all be zingers.

As an alternative, submit your personal favorite you've taken this month. Does that work?

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
It’s still early! And a few weekends left which is when I’m more likely to go on the hunt.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Super early! It typically takes me a week or two just to think about a theme, and then another week or two to experiment. And if it's on film, developing and scanning take additional time.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
I'm just lazy.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

really more of a distraction than a diversion but hey sometimes you gotta take the bricks how they fall

Jerm324
Aug 3, 2007

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Bent poppy b&w-8151 on Flickr

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just remember, April has 30 days. I'll close things down tomorrow morning.. US Central time.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Voting time! Y'all got two days.

I think the entries are cool and have good variety so you're all winners in my book.

The Voice of Labor posted:

really more of a distraction than a diversion but hey sometimes you gotta take the bricks how they fall

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009
theHUNGERian

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

tk, although there is something very soothing about Cacator's

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

thehungerian, although there is something very soothing about cacator's

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
bobmarleysghost!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

the spectre of Robert marley

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Megabound

Jerm324
Aug 3, 2007
Megabound

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
theHUNGERian

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

mega bound

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
BetterLekNextTime

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You're winner!

(technically there was a tie, my vote pushed this one over)

Cacator wins the write-in category "something soothing" which isn't a thing but maybe it should be.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Thanks!

New thread will be up in a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

xzzy posted:

You're winner!

(technically there was a tie, my vote pushed this one over)

Cacator wins the write-in category "something soothing" which isn't a thing but maybe it should be.

drat I totally forgot to vote but I will gladly accept this consolation prize?