Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
After many years of failed programmers run off by He Who Shall Not Be Named, we finally have astral making progress and improving the forums! We've already seen major improvements since DEAR JEFFREY took over and hired astral.

GBS we should show our support of their excellent work! Many thanks to astral for improving the forums!

Don't forget to bookmark CHANGELOG.txt for regular updates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Dork mode users get their lunch money taken

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Is it a new feature that when you paste something it automatically does tags for you? I'm very dumb but I think so and it rules.
Thanks astral!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

So, how much of the original forum's software still exists? Is it not basically all new or is it kind of like the ship of Theseus?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I dunno, OP, he seems quite critical of other programmers when he himself is guilty of many of the same things, but on the other hand I don't believe in astral projection

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Tarkus posted:

So, how much of the original forum's software still exists? Is it not basically all new or is it kind of like the ship of Theseus?

the something awful forums is now an fpga that can turn into any forum on the fly

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The load-bearing slurs are still in place, else all we'd get is 404

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

this thread is astral's only compensation this month, so be sure to be extra thankful

:thanks:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I remember radium.

astral is awesome, and I like the detailed system messages.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

vortmax posted:

After many years of failed programmers run off by He Who Shall Not Be Named, we finally have astral making progress and improving the forums! We've already seen major improvements since DEAR JEFFREY took over and hired astral.

GBS we should show our support of their excellent work! Many thanks to astral for improving the forums!

Don't forget to bookmark CHANGELOG.txt for regular updates

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I've paid my :10bux: and am entitled to all upgrades or improvements. Its my hard earned so I'll gladly THANK MYSELF.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Anyone actually used their plat or archives access lately?

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
the astral plane is okay i guess, but the atmic plane is where it's really at

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Charles Bukowski posted:

Anyone actually used their plat or archives access lately?

Not often, but yeah, I come across old references to things on here and its better to do the research yourself and use SAclopedia or Google to find the old thread.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that makes sense. Sometimes a newer person would want to.know who EPG was, and why did his crotch smell like prawns?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

when zenforo comin

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
don't doxx me

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Despite several emails, posted mail and phone calls, including one to his mother, Astral has still not made my (and only my) posts font size 50.

So no OP. No I won't be appreciating Astral.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

get a jitterbug old man

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

can i sync my vibrating butt plug to the lepers colony yet?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I offered to allow astral to tattoo each post made across my supple (and ample) buttocks as a backup system and he very rudely told me to please leave his home AND asked how I'd gotten in there VERY sharply which I found excessive

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
I'm looking forward to growing an astral body too

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

this thread is astral's only compensation this month, so be sure to be extra thankful

:thanks:

"Only compensation"? Wtf I hope not. Look what happened with HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED's choice of programmer. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

I'm not saying Astral is a monkey, I'm saying pay this person well pls Jeffrey, for one thing they'll need lots of expensive psychotherapy after spending so much time looking at the old code.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 24, 2022

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

BIG fan of the Large Magellanic Cloud

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

BigBadSteve posted:

"Only compensation"? Wtf I hope not. Look what happened with HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED's choice of programmer. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

I'm not saying Astral is a monkey, I'm saying pay this person well pls Jeffrey, for one thing they'll need lots of expensive psychotherapy after spending so much time looking at the old code.

Pretty sure it's just a joke.

Anyway, more praise for astral is they fixed some dumb little issue with something which I can't remember when I mentioned it. It's amazing having actual responsive support and I want to kiss astral on the lips smooch smooch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Where's my AV? I don't see it anywhere in the xhangelogs