Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
I enthusiastically refund my employer $50 per pay period for the pleasure of eating food that I can easily steal. I have no regrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I've only worked one place that had this, when I was unemployed and took a contractor job with a large tech company. I was like "this is loving stupid I'll never spend my money here" especially since I took the job after being unemployed for 5 months, I was very broke. Also it was a job that started at 1:30 or 12:30 (after the time change) PM so there was no excuse not to grab something a head of time.

And yet

I did end up usually going there once or twice a week. It was semi-affordable (which makes sense, I wasn't doing call center work, but it was a call center), and I'm so bad at life and ending up at places on time that even picking up some fast food on the way wasn't always an option.

Surprisingly good even though it was just CINTAS. Lots of variety, got you in and out of there very quick.

The guy who I shared a shift with most of the time who was absolutely insane, but kind of cool, pretty routinely went in and stole meals after they closed. There eventually was a strongly worded email and they started to lock them up.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

gently caress eurest

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Somehow my cafeteria is cheaper than fast food, I think it's bc it hasn't been outsourced yet

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I worked for a few months at apple's austin campus and their cafeteria was amazing. Kind of expensive for call mines contractors like me but the nicest thing was an $8 ribeye

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

My workplace cafeteria does nothing special. Has that same burger and fries handed to you in a styrofoam container. It does have a sushi counter, but it's just a carbon copy of all the ones in the grocery stores. But the food is cheap especially compared to the local fast food places and since I work for the government, it's also tax free.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

As far as I can tell, a pharmaceutical co or huge tech co is your best bet if you want decent work cafeterias

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

halokiller posted:

My workplace cafeteria does nothing special. Has that same burger and fries handed to you in a styrofoam container. It does have a sushi counter, but it's just a carbon copy of all the ones in the grocery stores. But the food is cheap especially compared to the local fast food places and since I work for the government, it's also tax free.

hmm I wonder if my $50 credit is tax free

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

As far as I can tell, a pharmaceutical co or huge tech co is your best bet if you want decent work cafeterias

nah it's hospitals and universities for sure

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
I had the opportunity to eat at Google's NYC office cafeteria one time, and just like on a random rear end Tuesday afternoon they're routinely dishing out duck confit over polenta with cherry gastrique, perfectly cooked salmon fillets, walnut-feta-cranberry-bacon-balsamic tossed microgreen-rear end side salads

...and they don't pay for any of it

There's also a series of refrigerators like the size of a tractor trailer just full of beverages, take whatever you want anytime

Sucks about the rest of the job, but at least there's that

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I believe Apple's is free if you're salaried. Contractors gotta pay for everything though :argh:

----------------

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

our work cafeteria is run by eurest and hated by all. 5 years ago the company sold the buildings and leased only the ones we were using, so we all expected that the new owner would bring in a new cafeteria because you can't get worse than eurest.

instead they offered to let our employer lease the cafeteria for $1 to continue the existing services :lmao:

----------------

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
my work stopped doing hot food because of covid but they got all kinds of prepackaged wraps and salads and poo poo. they made a crispy chicken cordon bleu wrap w/ honey mustard on it that is really fuckin good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
cafeteria has tendies and tots which i eat sometimes. also salads which i east mostly due to quest for immortality

tbh i love cafeteria -_-

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Apparently mine just raised the price of everything by a dollar or two. Fuuuuuuck that.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Fartington Butts posted:

Apparently mine just raised the price of everything by a dollar or two. Fuuuuuuck that.

how does it compare to free market food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Apparently nobody wants to work feeding people who also don't want to work but don't love themselves enough to stay home on mother's day bc the cafeteria is CLOSED