Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

A six-part miniseries on HBO that started on April 25 (we're currently halfway through the limited series), it details the rise and fall of the Baltimore Police Department's Gun Trace Task Force, based on a book by Justin Felton, and adapted by David Simon and George Pelacanos. To those familiar with those last two names, this is a return to The Wire's amazing combination of truth-telling and gripping drama, while also adapting to recent times by focusing on the damage and corruption wrought by an out of control police more intent on arrest statistics than respecting or protecting the public they nominally serve. New characters and settings are weaved into the previous Baltimore Wire-verse (this is only a spiritual sequel however) includes the DOJ's Office of Civil Rights, numerous defense attorneys, and other police and federal agents seeking to chase corrupt cops. A welcoming development.

To those who haven't seen The Wire or David Simon's other outings, if you're looking for the depth of a well-written local crime beat article (which makes sense since several of the writing staff are former journalists) with the addition of great dialogue and fully lived characters, this is for you. Anything else in the crime tv genre struggles to compete.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

that title with the thin blue line is very unsettling. I honestly didn't have any idea what I was getting into but when the title flashed at the end of the intro I got a chill, good job to the designers

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The show is so good it has 3 threads now! :)

I mean... it really is that good!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The show is so good it has 3 threads now! :)

I mean... it really is that good!

Oh poo poo really? I did a search and didn't find it. Wanna forward?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

i need to remember to get in on this. how many eps have aired versus total? is it a one and done season?

i wish it had a better title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

roomtone posted:

i need to remember to get in on this. how many eps have aired versus total? is it a one and done season?

i wish it had a better title.

6 eps.

There's a thread on this already so I'm gonna suggest people head over there: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4001457

Gonna wait a little and close this thread. Glad to see so many fans on this site.