Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
look, Will, buddy, pal. We need to talk about the "E" thing. You can't just keep putting "E" in front of words and clueing them as "Electronic version of thing" when it's not really a thing. E-MAIL? That's a thing. E-CARD? sure, that's a thing if you're grandma who is stuck in a 2005 version of the internet. E-MONEY or E-CASH clued as "bitcoin e.g."? shut up. E-MAG? blogs aren't even a thing any more and if they were no one would call them electronic magazines. inexcusable.

same deal with "ECO".

you can't gaslight me into thinking anyone has ever said this word out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

yeah, what the heck is an e-cocar??

Manifisto

same but putting an "s" at the end of the word to make it plural. it's just lazy, and nobody talks like that!

ty nesamdoom!

google THIS

Entropic posted:

sure, that's a thing if you're grandma who is stuck in a 2005 version of the internet.

tbf this is newspaper crossword puzzles' primary demographic

Entropic

patriarchy sucks

Manifisto posted:

same but putting an "s" at the end of the word to make it plural. it's just lazy, and nobody talks like that!

it’s cowardice, frankly

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
the online version of todays puzzle is broken and not accepting legitimate answers

Manifisto

Entropic posted:

the online version of todays puzzle is broken and not accepting legitimate answers

lol

also, evergreen regarding the new york times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFELNIpeTjY

ty nesamdoom!

bad guy

yeah ecocar was some bullshit but what bothers me more is the answers they use over and over because of the useful letters like ipa, asap, nee

bad guy

google THIS posted:

tbf this is newspaper crossword puzzles' primary demographic

crosswords are for sexy guys dip poo poo

google THIS

bad guy posted:

crosswords are for sexy guys dip poo poo

my grandma was a very sexy guy tyvm

Entropic

patriarchy sucks

bad guy posted:

yeah ecocar was some bullshit but what bothers me more is the answers they use over and over because of the useful letters like ipa, asap, nee

nothing will ever be as bad as directionals like NNE ESE WNW SSW etc clued as like “Boise to Albuquerque direction”

Finger Prince

your friend sk posted:

It's like one of those car share programs where you co-own a car with other members and then use an app to reserve use of it.

bad guy

Entropic posted:

nothing will ever be as bad as directionals like NNE ESE WNW SSW etc clued as like “Boise to Albuquerque direction”

oh yeah, those are the absolute worst

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Entropic posted:

buddy if you’re leaving boise for albuquerque you’re going the wrong way

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Escape From Noise

watho posted:

buddy if you’re leaving boise for albuquerque you’re going the wrong way

It feels more like being trapped in some awful loop.

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

14D. Sound of surprise.

AAAAAA

Finger Prince

That hit 90s R&B group Boise II Albuquerque

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Escape From Noise posted:

It feels more like being trapped in some awful loop.

built to spill is from boise how could it possibly be bad?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
still rejecting my perfectly valid answers

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

i want to make a crossword with all the worst nyt clues

Entropic posted:

still rejecting my perfectly valid answers

lol

Twenty Four

Super lazy crossword puzzle designer:

1 Down. The Entire Alphabet in order.

1 - 26 Across. Random words starting with A-Z.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i've been playing crosswords for years and i still haven't found one with myself as a clue and i'm starting to think it's never going to happen

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Khanstant
i playu crosswords like i play sudoku, writing in whatever letters i want in any drat square i want

Entropic

patriarchy sucks

your friend sk posted:

i want to make a crossword with all the worst nyt clues

lol

Khanstant
one of the better ideas for a good crossword i had was all the squares have pictures in them

Manifisto

Khanstant posted:

one of the better ideas for a good crossword i had was all the squares have pictures in them

and when you put all the pictures together, it makes a different picture! kind of like a MAD fold-in

ty nesamdoom!

bad guy

kebab, kabob, kebob, kabob, it's hosed up that those are all acceptable spellings so when the clue is "meat on a stick" you still can't write the answer in, just k_b_b

same with "mauna ______" bitch if you don't give me a clue that allows me to distinguish between mauna kea and mauna loa you can go to hell

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
it seems like once a week there’s a 4 letter “Indian flatbread” clue and whichever of NAAN or ROTI I put in I’m guaranteed to have guessed wrong

bad guy

"gospel singer winans" get the gently caress outta here new york times crossword

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
I hate that because of doing crosswords I actually know bullshit like this

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
the theme today is so dumb I actually love it

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Yes preach!

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

google THIS posted:

my grandma was a very sexy guy tyvm

Agreed.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
nut

your friend sk posted:

Escape From Noise

I'd sooner cross swords than words with the NYT!

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGDjjdYzk8w

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

seems like most of these questions aren’t even about the New York Times. shoddy workmanship imho.