Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

rope kid posted:

It's not. Cross-play is not supported.
Alright, is this a joke or did you mean cross-platforms ownership with that word ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

I did an interview with Catholic Game Reviews that was a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TBZnCQvQak

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

rope kid posted:

I did an interview with Catholic Game Reviews that was a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TBZnCQvQak

I keep hearing that name to the tune of "Catholic school girls rule"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Need to start this honestly.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Resurrecting this thread to say noclip released a documentary on this game:

https://youtu.be/ffIdgOBYwbc?si=XBhxGTtQYVLeox4x

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Watching the first few minutes and hmmm hmmm on "rpg" and like no other game before it.

Pentiment is an adventure game, heavily influenced by Night In The Woods and its descendants, particularly, as Sawyer has said here, by Mutazione.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hopefully Sawyer's next game is a old schoolish RPG spiritual successor to Darklands.

They can even use a similar aesthetic as Pentiment for the UI and menus and stuff.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

FreudianSlippers posted:

Hopefully Sawyer's next game is a old schoolish RPG spiritual successor to Darklands.

don't jinx it

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'd also be ecstatic with a 16th century cooking simulator where you can make all the wonderful meals featured in Pentiment.

I like how large a part meals play in the game and how each meal tells you something about the character you're eating with.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

fez_machine posted:

Watching the first few minutes and hmmm hmmm on "rpg" and like no other game before it.

Pentiment is an adventure game, heavily influenced by Night In The Woods and its descendants, particularly, as Sawyer has said here, by Mutazione.

Pretty early on he brings up Night in the Woods and Darklands.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Yeah, I watched the rest of the vid.

Still don't like the undertones of Pentiment is part of the Obsidian canon because it's an RPG rather than Pentiment is part of the Obsidian canon because it's one of the greatest games ever made.

Or like ignoring that there's been a handful of full blown historical rpgs made in the years around Pentiment.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

FreudianSlippers posted:

They can even use a similar aesthetic as Pentiment for the UI and menus and stuff.

That kind of user interface would be cool as hell to play a game in, especially if its like Darklands.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Watching now, loved the bit with the art director about the use of the hats to help identify characters, and then ropekid saying,"Okay but inside they have to take their hats off" :3:

Edit: Ill Peter can die if you don't help them pay the taxes!?! :aaa:

How would you ever find that out? Nobody would ever not pay their rent in advance to help out!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 10, 2024

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Prior to a relatively late patch, it was virtually impossible to not convince Mathieu to give you the advance. It's more difficult now, so if you bounce off of that and don't follow up on it, it's much more likely to happen.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Love the bit of Josh Flanders accepting the award.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rope kid posted:

Prior to a relatively late patch, it was virtually impossible to not convince Mathieu to give you the advance. It's more difficult now, so if you bounce off of that and don't follow up on it, it's much more likely to happen.

I can see why you'd not want to make it a forgone conclusion that you can just get the money, but there was something so delightful about every time jump discovering that Ill Peter was still going strong, and I would be sad for a playthrough where he didn't make it.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I can see why you'd not want to make it a forgone conclusion that you can just get the money, but there was something so delightful about every time jump discovering that Ill Peter was still going strong, and I would be sad for a playthrough where he didn't make it.

We missed that on our (first) playthrough and it hurt when I realized we should have pushed harder because we probably could have saved him.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol I just realised I was getting irate at erasing what had come before in the Pentiment thread

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Jerusalem posted:

I honestly thought that was the joke with Ill Peter. You know, he keeps getting sicker and older but will not die.

rope kid posted:

And this, I took as a sign that despite his prickly attitude, Mathieu was actually a good person at heart. (In fact, I seem to recall that you can just tell him the truth about why you want the money and he'll give it to you.)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
The first time I saw him still vertical in Act III my immediate response was "Jesus Christ how is this man still alive"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

fez_machine posted:

lol I just realised I was getting irate at erasing what had come before in the Pentiment thread

Lmao

Great documentary! I love any behind the scenes stuff. Working out how the text would reveal itself to look like it was being written, that kind of thing.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

How would you ever find that out? Nobody would ever not pay their rent in advance to help out!
By overthinking it, that's how. I really wanted to avoid saying that Clara asked me for the rent because I thought it would lead to Peter finding out and that leading to bad things. So I didn't tell Brother Mathieu that the Gertneryin were having trouble with their taxes, he refused an advance and I couldn't convince Father Gernot to give one either. So Ill Peter died.

idonotlikepeas posted:

And this, I took as a sign that despite his prickly attitude, Mathieu was actually a good person at heart. (In fact, I seem to recall that you can just tell him the truth about why you want the money and he'll give it to you.)
Oh yeah, it was real easy. Hence the joke I played on myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

RoyalScion posted:

Resurrecting this thread to say noclip released a documentary on this game:

https://youtu.be/ffIdgOBYwbc?si=XBhxGTtQYVLeox4x

Watching this now with my partner and quite enjoying it, I really should pick this back up and finish it out.