Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
I will also say that “Dicking around blindly trying to figure out how to react to an alien invasion” is in character anyways and it’s possible to get by even with dicking around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

If I'm not mistaken the game even has a comeback mechanic.

Basically if you play resistance, HF etc you can play to the point that Servants/Aliens achieve their victory condition and then in the ruins of Earth you can still fight your way back to beating them.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

There's not a specific mechanic really, other than that it is possible. There is a Steam achievement for it though.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
But there isn’t one for a much harder goal: reversing global warming to 2000 levels. :(

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Even if you directly control the entire world's economy and dedicate it to fighting global warming, it's still nearly impossible to actually combat it.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Tomn posted:

I will also say that “Dicking around blindly trying to figure out how to react to an alien invasion” is in character anyways and it’s possible to get by even with dicking around

This is how I won my first playthrough, it was actually pretty fun (as resistance)

Had no real idea what I was doing a lot of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Alctel posted:

This is how I won my first playthrough, it was actually pretty fun (as resistance)

Had no real idea what I was doing a lot of the time

My first brutal game as HF was a slugfest on a devastated earth because of constant nuclear war against the aliens.

Honestly the most fun game I've had of it.