Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Update: a little over a week later, no issues, no pain, absolutely nothing bad at all

highly recommended, would snip balls again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_nothing
Jan 14, 2024

my experience was fine. probably three or so days of being uncomfortable, but i wouldn't say that it was very painful. worth it for sure.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

The worst part of my vasectomy experience was that the surgeon's assistant in the room was a cute girl about my age and I don't think I've ever been more shriveled up in my life.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

The worst part of my vasectomy experience was that the surgeon's assistant in the room was a cute girl about my age and I don't think I've ever been more shriveled up in my life.

Same. I'm not the kind of guy to flirt with a woman at work, but that doc very clearly employed a specific type of woman in his office and they were all exactly my type. :smith::respek::smith:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
There wasn't an assistant present during my surgery. Whoever initially took me back to the procedure room left me to get undressed and up on the 'table' myself. The only person in the office who saw my groin was the urologist.

edit: personally I would much rather have had a gorgeous woman seeing me at my least than the urologist deciding to veer the surgery small-talk into politics

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

You're in the age zone where you (or your similar-aged partner) face an increased likelihood of birth defects in potential offspring. Nevermind the financial and physical pressures.

Seven months later and no ragrats

Older women have a higher chance of dropping more than one egg, too, I've learned. We planned on stopping at 2 but the universe pushed the bogo deal on us.

Got my snip snip last Friday. Still kind of sore, lump at incision, and bruised. Feel like something is poking my balls sometimes while moving too. Please go away, soreness, there are weights that need lifted.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

Older women have a higher chance of dropping more than one egg, too, I've learned. We planned on stopping at 2 but the universe pushed the bogo deal on us.

Got my snip snip last Friday. Still kind of sore, lump at incision, and bruised. Feel like something is poking my balls sometimes while moving too. Please go away, soreness, there are weights that need lifted.

The easier you take it it in the beginning, the quicker you will heal. I went for a short hike like 5 days after and I was really feeling it. On the flip side 5 years later and still only one kid, so it worked.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
It’s just my opinion but you can always foster and/or adopt if you start feeling an urge to family up after vasectomy

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

The assistant I had was very professional, and ordinary looking. She came into the office at the same time as the surgeon, and her eyes were laser focused on the utility-drape covering my genitals. When the doctor flipped it over to reveal my junk, she kept staring for a couple seconds, then turned away and left, never to be seen again.

I don't know what she was looking for, but I did take it personally.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

The assistant I had was very professional, and ordinary looking. She came into the office at the same time as the surgeon, and her eyes were laser focused on the utility-drape covering my genitals. When the doctor flipped it over to reveal my junk, she kept staring for a couple seconds, then turned away and left, never to be seen again.

I don't know what she was looking for, but I did take it personally.

Oh drat!

*assistant looks at your junk* "Abso-loving-lutley NOT!"

Had you already shaved? My first thought is she came in to shave and didn't need to.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

So, I just got my appointment time. It's in a couple of weeks, so now is my time to weigh all pros and cons in a cup to see if I'll actually do it.

Pros:
No baby, no problem.
Big gently caress you to the government telling me I need to have babies for capitalism.
They are planning to remove it from public healthcare, so relatively soonish it'll cost about ten times more.

Cons:
Concern about prolonged discomfort.

Everyone here seems to have had a good experience, but I've read that there is a relatively high percentage chance that you'll get some side-effects or unintended consequences. Anyone had those and willing to share about them?

Another thing is that the hospital is about 40 miles from me. Will I be able to drive afterwards or should I cab it?

Kuule hain nussivan fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 20, 2024

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

So, I just got my appointment time. It's in a couple of weeks, so now is my time to weigh all pros and cons in a cup to see if I'll actually do it.

If you are 100% certain you don't want offspring with your genetics there's no reason to put the onus of birth control on your partner(s). Go get snipped. Simple as that.

Cab or get someone to drive you.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Everyone here seems to have had a good experience, but I've read that there is a relatively high percentage chance that you'll get some side-effects or unintended consequences. Anyone had those and willing to share about them?

The literature says its a 1% chance for side-effects or pain longer than a couple days. I'm three months out from mine and my pain has diminished to the point where I am going to try to start exercising again. I skimmed this thread after I got mine and only saw one other person who had prolonged discomfort. Anyway, you should probably still get it - I figure 8/10 pain for a month and 6/10 pain for two months is still better than my wife who has had 5/10 discomfort on her birth control for the last decade.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I had mine done 3 weeks ago. No scalpel, no clips, just removing a piece of the vas and cauterizing both ends. It was mildly uncomfortable, but nothing too bad (I’d do that again over a root canal any day). I was good by day 6 or 7 with mild pain at worst.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Everyone here seems to have had a good experience, but I've read that there is a relatively high percentage chance that you'll get some side-effects or unintended consequences.

Where did you read this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Slimy Hog posted:

Where did you read this?

Finnish urology union is saying 10-15% of people undergoing it have prolonged pain. Now, there are reasons why they would be saying it even if isn't technically true, and they don't specify how strong the pain is.