Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

AcidCat posted:

Wow OP, I've never hear anyone make this connection before in the last few years. You really might be on to something here.

Stop being jealous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Stop being jealous

Yeah I know. I aspire to this level of shitposting but, I guess I have to face facts and realize I just can't go the distance.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Stop being jealous

it's the human condition. can't help it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

AcidCat posted:

Yeah I know. I aspire to this level of shitposting but, I guess I have to face facts and realize I just can't go the distance.

shes all alone (all alone) all alone in her time of need

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sid Vicious posted:

This is my most Start Driving Way Too Fast song

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Bloop posted:

This is my most Start Driving Way Too Fast song

i was listening to it skateboarding tonight

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I once kickflipped (once).

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i just cruise on my longboard rn but i got a flowboard to take to some big hills sometime and i am gonna buy a lovely regular board for learning some non street stuff and to do some jumping etc its been a lot of fun just learning to cruise around with the little guy

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

satanic splash-back posted:

I once kickflipped (once).

skateboarding is pretty cool

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Sid Vicious posted:

Ok that gave me a moderate chuckle, a sensible chuckle one might say, thanks.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
Honestly OP if you think about it The movie Gummo is more accurate.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Premeditated Toast posted:

Honestly OP if you think about it The movie Gummo is more accurate.

Im eatting spaghetti and drinking miulk in the tub everyday....

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

the future is trash humpers.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

flubber nuts posted:

the future is trash humpers.

Sounds like a new HGTV show

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Hmm never thought about it like that, OP.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just popping in to say Idiocracy was pro-eugenics trash.

Thank you for your time.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Idiocracy. Documentary. Google it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just popping in to say Idiocracy was pro-eugenics trash.

Thank you for your time.

yup

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I watched Idiocracy again recently and no it's actually rather out of touch from reality, like for example the idiot population in it is wow'd by science and e.g. Carl's Jr advertises that their taco has extra "molecules" but in real life that would lead to some domestic terror plot conspiracy and someone would shoot up a school over what kind of molecules Carls Jr uses in their tacos. It's also very dated and felt like listening to a racist uncle rant about how dumb the world is.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

AARD VARKMAN posted:

wizard master's version of this thread was far better

I know this is from the last page, but holy hell is it an :iceburn:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The worst things about the world depicted in Idiocracy (and the only jokes that work) seemed, imo, to be the result of massive corporate control over every aspect of life and not the lower average intelligence.

The movie never really does much with that and just dwells on people being "dumb" and not having enough babies. President Camacho was a pretty cool dude, all in all. A bit impulsive, maybe, but in the end he was willing to let physical evidence and a genuine interest in the public's health and well being sway him towards doing something that adversely affected the stock market.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

wish i zinged a really dumb movie and started threads embarassing dad

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
this is pretty accurate, in my experience when going to the doctors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdPmNM0IF7Y

lol

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The people of Idiocracy are very lucky that the single biggest problem (they are watering crops with Gatorade because the corporation that makes it owns the USDA) was born of well-meaning stupidity and not intentionally ruthless profit-seeking. It made it a lot easier to fix.

Someone must have honestly thought the plants might enjoy a tastier beverage. So they just stopped doing that and things were fixed (eventually). There was no corporate rear end in a top hat who popped out of the ground to stall any attempts to implement such a large scale change by downplaying the danger and producing experts with opposing opinions who'd maintain that it couldn't be the real cause of the issue.

I guess nobody was smart enough to be that evil anymore, which, imo, made it a better world than ours.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_G2PvMChI4

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
there was a (thankfully) small cohort of idiots cheering for The Rock to run for office which was a really loving weird and depressing moment

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ve never even seen Idiocracy :smug:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

just look outside

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

APOLOGIZE FOR CALLING HIM AN ALLEYCAT

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

turn off your monitor :hehe:

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

The people of Idiocracy are very lucky that the single biggest problem (they are watering crops with Gatorade because the corporation that makes it owns the USDA) was born of well-meaning stupidity and not intentionally ruthless profit-seeking. It made it a lot easier to fix.

Someone must have honestly thought the plants might enjoy a tastier beverage. So they just stopped doing that and things were fixed (eventually). There was no corporate rear end in a top hat who popped out of the ground to stall any attempts to implement such a large scale change by downplaying the danger and producing experts with opposing opinions who'd maintain that it couldn't be the real cause of the issue.

I guess nobody was smart enough to be that evil anymore, which, imo, made it a better world than ours.

The literal third act's plot is that by stopping the use of Brawndo it tanks the stock, and therefore the entire economy, so the CEO of Brawndo freaks out, calling for the head of the man responsible, resulting in large scale rioting until he is brought to "justice."

That's not "well-meaning," whatsoever.

Also, Wizard Master's thread was better.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Idoiocracy is not a documentary because it portrays the stupid people as liberals instead of the genocidal death-cult conservatives that real world stupid people are.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I tried to gently caress Kristen Bell but accidentally hosed Dax instead. No post coital cuddle:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

runnypoops posted:

I tried to gently caress Kristen Bell but accidentally hosed Dax instead. No post coital cuddle:(

i'd rather gently caress the truck stop restroom