Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Man's best friend?
Cat
Dog
Why not both?
Bird
View Results

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
The lack of a photo mode is a bit disappointing, I get they're small developers but that seems like something pretty much every player is gonna want in a game as lovely as this. Still great tho obvs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Danger - Octopus! posted:

The lack of a photo mode is a bit disappointing, I get they're small developers but that seems like something pretty much every player is gonna want in a game as lovely as this. Still great tho obvs.

If you're on PC https://www.nexusmods.com/stray/mods/122

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cowman posted:

What's everyone's times for their speedrun? I got 1h37m3s but I hosed up a lot and it was far from optimal. Gonna try again this weekend. The leaderboards for PS5 on speedrun.com are pretty barren, I'm #10 right now (didn't submit so I'm not on there technically).

This game is fun to speedrun, I'm gonna try again this weekend for a faster time.

I did it in 1 hour 51 minutes, lost some time in the jail during the section where you have to trap the sentinels behind bars. I was glad to get the achievement but I didn't like doing the speedrun from the point of view that I didn't get to explore and hang out with the robits and take naps.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Started a second play through of it just now. Discovered that when you walk up to the first security camera you encounter and meow at it, the camera nods!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Started a second play through of it just now. Discovered that when you walk up to the first security camera you encounter and meow at it, the camera nods!

It works with all of them until you meet b12 (I assume it is b12 doing it since he is watching the cate)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

B12 guides you all through that initial section: the cameras nod, if you meow near string lights the lights will light up in the direction you want to go, and there's a few other things he does, and that all stops when he downloads to the drone.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

MikeJF posted:

B12 guides you all through that initial section: the cameras nod, if you meow near string lights the lights will light up in the direction you want to go, and there's a few other things he does, and that all stops when he downloads to the drone.

Interesting. I didn’t notice the lights or any other stuff, just the cameras

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Elias_Maluco posted:

Interesting. I didn’t notice the lights or any other stuff, just the cameras

I was the other way around where I noticed the lights flickering on and off in patterns but not the cameras the whole way

Slavik
May 10, 2009
Saw this come up in the awful/amazing mod thread

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Slavik posted:

Saw this come up in the awful/amazing mod thread

Beautiful

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Replaying for achievements and getting through that first Zurk rush without getting headcrabbed has been a complete fail for me on-and-off for the past 3 days.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Replaying for achievements and getting through that first Zurk rush without getting headcrabbed has been a complete fail for me on-and-off for the past 3 days.

I haven’t even tried that and I don’t think I will. I may go back and find all the scratching spots though.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Latest terrifying mods for this game: Rick and Morty-ify the game because you hate the game and want it to be ugly, slightly more realistic looking fur which is actually a pretty good idea, Shrek-ify the game for the same reasons you'd Rick and Morty-ify it, and... remember Pedobear? He's back, in cat form.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Gross and wrong

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Latest terrifying mods for this game: Rick and Morty-ify the game because you hate the game and want it to be ugly, slightly more realistic looking fur which is actually a pretty good idea, Shrek-ify the game for the same reasons you'd Rick and Morty-ify it, and... remember Pedobear? He's back, in cat form.
Yeah, no, those links are staying blue

E: OK I came back and clicked the realistic fur one :3:

Deathslinger fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Sep 22, 2022

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The fur one's neat, if early days. Doesn't deserve to be surrounded by the rest of them.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

:spooky: cat mod

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

itry posted:

:spooky: cat mod

Would've been perfect for spooky gaming during October.

Also I managed to get I Am Speed the other day during a 4th playthrough of the game. I'd ideally like to get all the achievements as a completionist, but I doubt I'll be able to get through the first Zurk area without being attacked.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I think if you just continuously zigzag you should be fine.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If I remember right, they jump in the direction you're going, and there is generally enough time between them starting to jump and landing for you to then change directions, and they'll go sailing right past you. It meant that I had to be counterintuitive and push against the direction that seemed the fastest at first, because then I could course-correct back to that path after they tried to jump the little kitty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
It's a crapshoot. Just do it a hundred times until you get lucky. The PS version has some developer videos showing how to do them, and you can try to emulate it exactly, and there's a theory at work so it might improve your chances somewhat, but you still need to get lucky because it's all still a little chaotic and Stray is fundamentally balanced around it being basically inevitable that you'll have to shake the things off at some point and this particular 'cheevo just openly defies that (which is why it's bad).

Or apparently you can also defy the completionist brainworms and walk away? I've heard legends of people who can do this. It sounds really useful. I wish I could do it.