Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EpicCareMadBitch
Dec 20, 2008
he used to be insufferable but he really found his niche and is pretty drat funny sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EpicCareMadBitch
Dec 20, 2008
his set looks good too

EpicCareMadBitch fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 23, 2023

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
mike tyson hugging and kissing hezbollah got me good

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

mark immune posted:

mike tyson hugging and kissing hezbollah got me good

lmao holy poo poo, this is insane. i think i saw people mentioning mike tyson creepily kissing him on twitter and people captioning it like 'this is a 20 year old man btw', but i didnt realize that all these guys really do just infantilize him and treat him like some kind of make a wish pet at the same time, it's gross. mike is good at emphasizing how hosed up things like this can be by just repeatedly saying what's going on followed by *explosion.mp3*

EpicCareMadBitch posted:

he used to be insufferable but he really found his niche and is pretty drat funny sometimes

yeah i think the key was marrying jules, before that i don't really find much redbar stuff that funny.

also i saw your original post, redbar DOES look better like any talk show or anything on tv, let alone youtube. i mean what can you really compare it to on tv besides late night talk shows i suppose and on the internet there's uh crowder, and anthony cumia lol. but i wouldn't know what they looked like off the top of my head, but looking up some clips, colbert's set seems like it's barely changed since the early 2000s, like lovely cheap dark brown wood paneling, weird blue plastic square strips/panels that are maybe lights, and the fake window, and a very non descript, generic desk. i just would've assumed it would look a bit more modern and flashy or that one of the late night shows would've tried something even like redbar's set, even the adam friedland show has a cooler set the actual tv talk shows. also i'm pretty sure the actual quality of redbar's film is better than all of them too, or at least on youtube, all of the official channels for the late night shows on youtube upload 1080p, redbar literally makes youtube clippers upload in 1440p or he has them taken down.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 23, 2023

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Still catching up on the 4/20 episode and i'm dying at the H3H3 twitter segment...

https://twitter.com/h3h3productions

Verified badge. Is Mike ever wrong about fools?

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
i think he was also right about hasan getting the blue check, but i think hasan claimed that he didnt actually buy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAwbOxM5ZfU

also there was a new episode today, im excited to see what he says about steven crowder

imhotep fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 3, 2023

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

lol at Mike Tyson picking him up and nuzzling him at the end

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Grevling posted:

lol at Mike Tyson picking him up and nuzzling him at the end

I was so uncomfortable with that entire segment of videos.

imhotep posted:

also there was a new episode today, im excited to see what he says about steven crowder

Im fuckin' dead already at the Crowder opening. Jules is stunning and brave for dealing with the years of abuse.

EpicCareMadBitch
Dec 20, 2008
Love how mike's guys eventually get a news story about them. lol

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Lol the ongoing Joey Diaz/Redbar feud is one of the best recurring bits on Redbar. The Degiglio Brothers are still looking for Mike and jules to this day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0TGRskNCP0

The original Joey Diaz video is still insane, he literally threatens to murder jules because she laughed at Mike’s jokes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1VxdsCZGow

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
The freeze frame on Joey's dumb face made me laugh out loud which is increasingly rare these days. Mike is getting really good at this whole being funny thing

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."

JayJay posted:

I was so uncomfortable with that entire segment of videos.

Im fuckin' dead already at the Crowder opening. Jules is stunning and brave for dealing with the years of abuse.

Watch it!

imhotep posted:

he literally threatens to murder jules because she laughed at Mike’s jokes

Can you deny that she's "guilty of laughter"?

Bruer and Rogan talking cars was also hilarious. Great episode.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtaihiqThxM

Never expected geno to say anything nice about Redbar ever, this is very funny

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

This might be a self own depending on why he's covering him, but I always get a sinking feeling when I see someone in the description that i've enjoyed.

"NEW ENEMY: Jelly Roll"

To be fair though, i've only listened to his music and know next to nothing about him aside from him being massively fat.

Edit: Ok, i'm pretty ok with this. Mike acknowledged his voice is angelic at least.

JayJay fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 23, 2023

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

JayJay posted:

This might be a self own depending on why he's covering him, but I always get a sinking feeling when I see someone in the description that i've enjoyed.

"NEW ENEMY: Jelly Roll"

To be fair though, i've only listened to his music and know next to nothing about him aside from him being massively fat.

Edit: Ok, i'm pretty ok with this. Mike acknowledged his voice is angelic at least.

Could be a self own: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTIhMwLKuSE

Although I haven’t seen the Redbar segment yet, I’ve just seen Brendan schaub bring him up before in a video with Theo von, and Theo was basically making fun of him to his face and referencing the fact that brendan’s wife is sick of his poo poo and that he’s cheated on her, etc.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

imhotep posted:

Could be a self own: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTIhMwLKuSE

Although I haven’t seen the Redbar segment yet, I’ve just seen Brendan schaub bring him up before in a video with Theo von, and Theo was basically making fun of him to his face and referencing the fact that brendan’s wife is sick of his poo poo and that he’s cheated on her, etc.

Oof, yea I need the separate the two, I tend to give musicians a pass because there'd be so little music to listen to if you paid attention to all the dumb poo poo they say.

I had no idea he was part of the fool sphere though, its confusing because his estimated networth is at like 10 million and he doesn't really need the popularity. His "Son of a sinner" song is being played constantly on the radio right now.

Disappointing to say the least, but I can't help but enjoy his sound.

At this point I think his "reaction" to redbar is going to determine if I hate him in a year or not. :lol:

Edit: Losing it during the sandwich making, mike sweating, arguing with jules and mayoing everything.

JayJay fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 24, 2023

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Hello all. I made a feedback thread for RGD. Since this sub might be full of people who live in their bookmarks, I am linking it in here too. Come tell me about RGD.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Season 21!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpvFahC08pQ

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

my man u got anymore good redbar clips thanks and god bless

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

mark immune posted:

my man u got anymore good redbar clips thanks and god bless

bumphotep

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Did the fools get hotep, blink twice if you're not ok hotep

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

i will take the getheadbar mantle until imhotep is brought back to life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lt1Bpa-YoM

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

I stopped paying for scarsclub and now I'm bummed I can't watch yesterdays episode. I guess I can wait for parts of it to appear on YouTube in the coming weeks, but I'd rather steal from Mike and Jules so lmk if anyone knows if there's still a way to get around the paywall and watch for free.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Where do you go, Imhotep?
Where do you go?
I want to know, Imhotep, I want to know

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

getheadbar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOuJDjd0PQM

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Sometimes I really want to just pause my billing every month until a few episodes are up because I think "Oh its been like 3 weeks surely theres a new ep or two waiting" and nothing. Last two were great though. Imhotep RIP you will always be remembered for your fools service.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."
This season has been great in general. That said, I just started a 7-book long sci-fi audiobook series, so I'll be taking a break for awhile. Happy foolwatching to the rest of you

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I’m Mattman

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Late to the party on Redbar, randomly stumbled upon him the other week. Took me about 30 mins to warm up to his abrasive personality but my god can this man be funny

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

imhotep posted:

I’m Mattman

wb brother

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Soggy Muffin posted:

Late to the party on Redbar, randomly stumbled upon him the other week. Took me about 30 mins to warm up to his abrasive personality but my god can this man be funny

nice, what were the bits that you found funny that turned you into a fan? i was trying to remember what the first redbar videos that i saw were and i cant quite remember.

i love these bits where joe rogan is just being a grumpy rear end in a top hat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gZXQO-0Ebs

o watup blud, good to see youre still watchinig get headbar

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

imhotep posted:

nice, what were the bits that you found funny that turned you into a fan? i was trying to remember what the first redbar videos that i saw were and i cant quite remember.

i love these bits where joe rogan is just being a grumpy rear end in a top hat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gZXQO-0Ebs

o watup blud, good to see youre still watchinig get headbar

Honestly I’ve been binge watching so much of him over past week that I’m not entirely sure which bits got me hooked. Comedy to me is like describing food you really enjoy, completely irrelevant to outside observers and dependent on your own tastes. To me this would be Redbar lack of giving a gently caress and quick wit, I very rarely lol irl but this fool has got me. It’s almost like outsider art

Soggy Muffin fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Nov 19, 2023

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

Mike has grown on me a lot. I doubt I could listen through an entire episode currently but all the clips I’ve seen are quite funny. Also I just have a soft spot for fellow Chicago natives I guess. *shrug*

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

I swear redbar is so on point with his comedy criticisms that it's ruined a bunch of stuff for me.

Which gives me more time to watch the free eps of redbar. Some day there'll be a backdoor into his pay section again and I'll be able to watch them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I wish i could remember at what point i did a double take and realized it was a character. I think it was hearing him rant about Alcoholics Anonymous. Great show.