Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

I figure a thread to uplift us and recognize good deeds the goon squad does would be a great way to make a dreary day a happy day.

What good deeds have you done? Please explain. I’d love to read them.

For me I found a wallet yesterday on the street walking Cha Cha my German Shepherd. I looked in it and found a hundred dollars. At first I couldn’t find a drivers license and went home and called the Kaiser Permanente number on a card inside hoping they could contact the owner. They simply wanted me to drive to Kaiser and drop it off. As I was preparing to leave tucked away was the license. I returned it to the old gentleman who was outside his home looking on the ground for his wallet. He was so happy and told me he felt his head would explode from being so upset he lost his wallet.

Now your turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Once a month I give a random homeless person $20. It’s not enough to change anything for them, but it is enough to potentially get something nicer. I’m on disability, so I consider it redistributing other people’s tax dollars toward a public good. It’s not much, but it’s what I’ve got.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Not doing evil deeds is technically a good deed, especially if you're from an Always Evil ancestry :shrug:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Colonel Cancer posted:

Not doing evil deeds is technically a good deed, especially if you're from an Always Evil ancestry :shrug:

Always Evil ancestry? Like being an orc or dark elf or something?

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
For ever two good deeds I do one evil deed, so its kind of even.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Once a month I give a random homeless person $20. It’s not enough to change anything for them, but it is enough to potentially get something nicer. I’m on disability, so I consider it redistributing other people’s tax dollars toward a public good. It’s not much, but it’s what I’ve got.

You will definitely go to Heaven!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Washed my rear end in a bucket

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Pvt.Scott posted:

You can always hit them up now for $20 too

"I give you twenty dollars but i never see you giving me twenty dollars"

Billy Ray Blowjob fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 26, 2022

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
I was walking on a trail last week and came across a halfway-inflated pink beach ball with glitter inside. I figured some kid lost it so I picked it up, planning on setting it down at the next rest stop with a rock on top so that whoever lost it could grab it when they came back.

A few minutes later I come across a dad with his two young kids, and immediately one of the kids cries "that's our ball!". I instinctively reached out to hand the ball back to the kid and his loving tool of a dad yanked it out of my hand without a word and then rode off (he was carting his kids around in one of those kid wagons that you hook a bike up to). I would've said something but it happened so quick and I was high as gently caress.

Judging by their equipment and outfits, this was a solidly middle-class family. Perfect example of money not being able to buy class. Next time I see a pink ball with glitter inside I'm stabbing it with a stick.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fist bump for when I intoxicate myselff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2LWWORoiM

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I graciously rated this thread a 4. You're welcome.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

In the grocery store sometimes I re-face cans of food or whatever so that someone else doesn't have to do it later

Doing my part!!

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I donate platelets

pogue23
Aug 15, 2002

Son, I am disappoint.
I smuggle illegals in the back of my truck between their neighborhood and the home depot because it's on my way to work.

You're welcome, Illegals!

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Last month, the shuttle driver at the hotel I stay at every week had his apartment burn down and he didn't have insurance. I gave him all my Marriott points so he and his family could have a place while they found a new place to live.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I was tying my shoe at a train station and I hear someone call my name. I looked up and saw this guy I didn't know, and he's all excited and shakes my hand, and I'm totally on guard because what the gently caress. And this guy's talking, telling me how he got a job as an electrician and an apartment now. And I'm like "I am sorry dude, but I don't know you but you seem to know me?" And he says about 2 years before (when I was doing lots of pills) we ran into each other at night and i gave him some cigarettes and we smoked and talked for a long time and I told him about how to join the IBEW and get a job and he actually fuckin did it. I was definitely really high because smoking cigarettes with a homeless guy and teaching him how to join the IBEW is definitely something I would do while high on pills. And I'm like, my man I am so happy for you but I do not remember any of it.

What I'm saying is that I'm thinking about starting to do drugs again.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Loaned a friend $5,000 (half our savings :( ) so they could close on a house. Also bought another friend a PS5 as a wedding gift with them paying me back half of it when they have the money.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I was tying my shoe at a train station and I hear someone call my name. I looked up and saw this guy I didn't know, and he's all excited and shakes my hand, and I'm totally on guard because what the gently caress. And this guy's talking, telling me how he got a job as an electrician and an apartment now. And I'm like "I am sorry dude, but I don't know you but you seem to know me?" And he says about 2 years before (when I was doing lots of pills) we ran into each other at night and i gave him some cigarettes and we smoked and talked for a long time and I told him about how to join the IBEW and get a job and he actually fuckin did it. I was definitely really high because smoking cigarettes with a homeless guy and teaching him how to join the IBEW is definitely something I would do while high on pills. And I'm like, my man I am so happy for you but I do not remember any of it.

This is the most Trenton story I've heard all day.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

little rabblerousing boy, george carlin turn em inna dog. to return, a millenarian deed

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LiterallyAnything posted:

I was walking on a trail last week and came across a halfway-inflated pink beach ball with glitter inside. I figured some kid lost it so I picked it up, planning on setting it down at the next rest stop with a rock on top so that whoever lost it could grab it when they came back.

A few minutes later I come across a dad with his two young kids, and immediately one of the kids cries "that's our ball!". I instinctively reached out to hand the ball back to the kid and his loving tool of a dad yanked it out of my hand without a word and then rode off (he was carting his kids around in one of those kid wagons that you hook a bike up to). I would've said something but it happened so quick and I was high as gently caress.

Judging by their equipment and outfits, this was a solidly middle-class family. Perfect example of money not being able to buy class. Next time I see a pink ball with glitter inside I'm stabbing it with a stick.

You did a nice thing for the kids not for their prick father

Every helpful stranger they see is one more chance for them not to be like daddy dick face

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
you dont know what kind of evil powers that glitter beach ball had

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I pulled my dumbass kitten out of a tree three times in two days instead of leaving him to figure it out. He's a good hugger but a terrible farm cat.

Stupid jerk, I love him.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

It was the hottest day it has ever been in my humble country. The postman came to my door with a parcel. I gave him an ice cold can of coke. He appreciated it.

Oh man I just realise I missed a trick by not posting this poo poo on linked in.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

when I was contracted out to comcast I wasted as much money in travel expenses and food as I could knowing they would be billed for all of it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
gonna tip the massage lady a cool hundred

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I came across a large courier package lying in the middle of the road. It was huge. I carried it to the side of the road and rang them to let them know I’d found it.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Sometimes I buy $10 gift cards for the food pantry, like just if I feel like it or to thank the gods for finding a new job or whatever. I try to donate blood whenever I’m eligible.

I wish I was doing more in my community. I’m not religious, so joining a church program is out, but I was thinking of checking out the Rotary Club, I hear they do good work. Anyone have any experience?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always help my friends or acquaintances in need if I have more money than them. The amount of donations I got to help me survive were so much - a goon once donated me 10k usd just because he liked my content and didn't want me to stop suddenly - that one of my greatest sources of bitterness on humanity in general faded. I grew up in the favela and the social workers showed nothing but contempt and whatever word one could use for the lack of generosity to us. While the community took care of itself, it seemed only the marginalized cared for the marginalized. When I got out, I was led to believe that in this capitalistic world of ours there's no space to being kind. This was made worse by seeing people being very loud about their political beliefs but never lifting a finger to help those around their communities in need.

What I've seen instead, and I'll be frank - it was mostly from goons - was a level of community that brought me back to the communal sense I had in the favelas, and it completely made that bitterness fade away. I've donated thousands to those in need, sometimes even when I did not have that much to spare, but they needed it more than me. I do not think those acts make me good and I definitely do not see myself as a good person, but I'm glad that I could recover the same sense of generosity I had from when I was poor, even if that is probably a good way to being poor again, because I believe goods should be normalized to some extent to help those in need. I try to keep that communal sense among those around me, whether they're my friends, acquaintances, or a homeless person across the street.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!
Ultra Carp

Pvt.Scott posted:

Mazel tov!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!
Ultra Carp

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

:vince:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

lol cool

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I beat yo rear end

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I always dress up my pity replies so the OP will think they are in earnest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I was on my way to an outdoor wedding and asked if I could pick anything up and got a reply back that was basically “OMG we need more beer, can you grab a 36 pack on your way??”.

When I got there I discovered that they’d told the same thing to a bunch of people who all supplied alcohol for the wedding and as far as I know none of us got paid back.