Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
I was too scared of heights as a wee little pissbaby child to go on any coasters and always freaked out when mom made me go on white water rapids with her but cedar point was always a wonderful time. some of the fondest fading memories i have are of flying over to grandma's house on heidelburg beach for a couple weeks and getting to go to cedar point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
we have these plastic cups with handles on them that used to have Raptor and Mantis branding on them that we got when those coasters debuted and i use one of them daily

i have dim memories of the plunge ride that used to exist where Raptor was built

i remember the last year we ended up going i tried to go on every spinny ride in the entire park. Chaos was included.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

(and also the only good thing in Ohio)

Uhhh kings island kicks rear end too, bozo

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtfqlVS3bR4

Wicked Twister replaced by... A wild mouse.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Zero One posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtfqlVS3bR4

Wicked Twister replaced by... A wild mouse.

pretty lame, but an update of the lakeside midway will be nice. grand pavilion + moving those midway rides opens up quite a bit of space between the main midway and breakers gate for something.

days of the record-breaking coaster every couple years are long gone, though.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Cedar Fair 3 billion in debt right now so you betcha.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
People also need to understand that Steel Vengeance is only 4 years old, and it's an absolute beast of a coaster. It's insane to expect something like that every other year. For many parks, that would be a once in a decade or more project.

There's also been some clues that Top Thrill Dragster will be reworked a bit and return in 2023, so that's a moderately sized project as well.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I rode everything (coasters) but Top Thrill Dragster (broken) in a single day at Cedar Point and it owned. Made good use of that fast pass. Steel Vengeance was brand new when I went and god it was such a killer ride.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 12, 2022

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

pretty lame, but an update of the lakeside midway will be nice. grand pavilion + moving those midway rides opens up quite a bit of space between the main midway and breakers gate for something.

I doubt they will put any big coasters in for 2023 since they are dealing with so much poo poo with Top Thrill Dragster and probably spent 2022 figuring out what it's future will be instead of working on a new attraction...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Well the Wild Mouse isn't big but it is a new coaster for 2023.

https://twitter.com/tonyclarkcp/status/1557738741921239044?s=21&t=dcYkMsqsFkl-seFUbbJkbg

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I mean I guess it's a coaster... I can't really get excited for a wild mouse coaster. Especially one that killed off Wicked Twister.

poo poo, something like Cobra's Curse would be pretty cool if you're dead set on it being a family ride. Seems more intense than a Wild Mouse, even though it's a derivative of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK_Tw3nFO5A

It's just that Zamperla Wild Mouse coasters are the kind of poo poo travelling fairs usually have, not something like the Coaster Mecca of the world.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 13, 2022

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Cedar Point isn't above carnival rides. The Wildcat was literally a carnival coaster.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 14, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think the tamer coasters is to appeal to people who aren't used to roller coasters. There are lots of people who'd get in line for the WIld Mouse with their kid who would never go near one of the major coasters.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

orange juche posted:

I mean I guess it's a coaster... I can't really get excited for a wild mouse coaster. Especially one that killed off Wicked Twister.

poo poo, something like Cobra's Curse would be pretty cool if you're dead set on it being a family ride. Seems more intense than a Wild Mouse, even though it's a derivative of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK_Tw3nFO5A

It's just that Zamperla Wild Mouse coasters are the kind of poo poo travelling fairs usually have, not something like the Coaster Mecca of the world.

Yeah, this is a really odd choice. I understand wanting more family coasters, but there are better options for a world class park than this.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Yeah, this is a really odd choice. I understand wanting more family coasters, but there are better options for a world class park than this.

Coasterheads aren't the intended audience for the Wild Mouse I think, we have stuff like MForce, Steel Vengeance, and Maverick. I'm a bit concerned about long-term durability of a portable wild mouse coaster, but thats a problem for Cedar Fair and Zamperla to figure out.

Apparently you can cause a Zamperla wild mouse to disengage from the lift chain by rocking and moving your weight enough.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 14, 2022

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I don't understand how the website lists weekend times in the fall. Is it 11am to midnight?

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

M_Gargantua posted:

I don't understand how the website lists weekend times in the fall. Is it 11am to midnight?

Yeah. That's when they do their HalloWeekends stuff for Halloween.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
If you run at all, in pre-covid days they had a half marathon race there where you start in the park then run out in the middle of nowhere and come back. The race was ok, but the best part is that for like $75 race entry fee you got into the park for 3 days with early entry! Best deal ever, we went on every ride multiple times.

I've always wanted to go during Halloween but haven't made it yet.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

People don't understand there are cameras and mirrors everywhere on rides, and other people on the ride to snitch.

https://www.fox19.com/2022/08/16/police-two-arrested-sex-cedar-point-ride/

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 16, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Good-Natured Filth posted:

People don't understand there are cameras and mirrors everywhere on rides, and other people on the ride to snitch.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Zero One posted:

Cedar Point isn't above carnival rides. The Wildcat was literally a carnival coaster.

i think this used to be in new jersey at either keanesburg or wildwood

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Cedar Fair just put in a straight-up carnival ride (scrambler) at my park. I got to go on the second testing cycle yesterday. It's very much a cheap band-aid solution to help some of the crowds because my god it's so close to one of the other rides we have.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Good-Natured Filth posted:

The Giant Wheel is too easy. Let me know when someone does it on Gemini.

With one person on the red side and the other on the blue.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 18, 2022

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

the pros save it for Sky Ride

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I was arrested for making whoopy on the Mantis

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

A friend of mine who used to work at CP said the old Snoopy bounce house was a place often used by employees after hours.