Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Go to a water park and get in the lazy river. Stay in it all day, if possible. Gather the extra, empty tubes that somehow make their way around the river. Turn them into a small island, or latch onto other people (don't ruin their chill, though) and make a long tube train.

Grab onto the water features. Chill under the rain mushroom, relax in the waterfalls, and stay under them for hours if you want. Nobody cares. Nobody's watching. Nobody's judging. It's the lazy river, and it's all about the chill. It's the BYOB of water rides.

gently caress slides and log flumes. The lazy river is where it's at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What are the best lazy river features? I prefer splits and merges so each trip around can be a little different.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

the OG Lazy river at Schliterbahn has some great branching paths so every trip can be different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HBbFxVNecw

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

If that goes down, how do you go back up to complete the circle? If it's not a loop then get out of here with that non-lazy-river garbage.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I have, in the lazy river at Sunsplash, stepped on both a hair weave and a slice of soggy white bread.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

hel;l yeah after they reopened the outdoor pool in the town i grew up in they installed a lazy river,

get in that poo poo and spend all day with it, as it was immune to the 5 minute no child times and the full adult swim hours

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Szyznyk posted:

and a slice of soggy white bread.

You still haven't apologized for stepping on me yet.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Is there anything grosser in the whole world than "used bandaid on the ground at the water park"

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I like to get in and go the wrong way.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Is there anything grosser in the whole world than "used bandaid on the ground at the water park"

one that found its way onto your body in the course of swimming

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
I liked swimming in the lazy river op, but tubes are cool too

I bet even cooler if it's a place you can drink at as an adult

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

one that found its way onto your body in the course of swimming

ever find one taking off your swimsuit when you get home?

:barf:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

My favorite lazy river is absolutely the onetwo at Volcano Bay in Orlando. While I love gently floating along as the day whiles away, as you can do in the Kopiko Wai Winding River, I really enjoy the other river they have. Yeah, Kopiko winds through a bunch of really nice scenery, including through a cave in the volcano, it's TeAwa The Fearless River that I really enjoyed. It's definitely not for the lazy, but, if you so choose, you can absolutely spend the whole day floating along in it.

Kopiko Wai POV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=650Z93N3F6U

TeAwa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwMoLaNmwh0

For those of you who like swimming in the rivers instead of floating in the tubes, TeAwa is probably gonna be your choice here.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wet n wild las vegas (when it was on the strip) used to have a great lazy river that went around the entire park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

My local water park has two rivers. One lazy One adventure