Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
The Volcano was my fav ride in the world and im still not over her loss...now theres no reason to ever ride a roller coaster ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Do you mean Paramount's (R)(TM) King's Dominion (R)(TM) Volcano: The Blast Coaster?

Ortho
Jul 6, 2021

I miss the Haunted River.

You're going down, down, down...

Haven't been to Kings Dominion in nigh on 30 years. I'll never go again -- I want to keep my memories pure.

Ortho
Jul 6, 2021

Rap tap tapping in Yogi's cave

I don't suppose they have the Hanna-Barbera theming anymore.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I worked at KD the spring of my senior year in HS and it was under construction at the time. I finally got to ride it in 2011 when I started going to amusement parks again. Really fun ride, a better launch coaster than Flight of Fear for sure, but it had the absolute worst line in the park. By quite a considerable margin. If I went on a crowded day, it was easily 2 hours, sometimes more. Plus all the assholes trying to cut. Just that ride alone almost made the cost of FastLane worth it by itself.

Apparently the new coaster they put in (a boomerang) is where The Crypt used to be and there's still nothing where the mountain was.

the Spain Virus posted:

Rap tap tapping in Yogi's cave

I don't suppose they have the Hanna-Barbera theming anymore.

Nope, it's a Cedar Fair park now. So it's all Peanuts stuff. When Paramount owned it, it was Nickelodeon stuff. The Scooby Doo coaster might've been an exception back then (it's the Woodstock Express now).

I think you should go again. The rides they've put in since Cedar Fair took over are all awesome. Intimidator 305 is one of the most insane rides on the planet, you have to try it (unless you have blood pressure issues, in which case it might kill you).

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 9, 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I rode intimidator before the brakes were put in and blacked out, loving love that ride lol even tho apparently the bite has been mostly taken out

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I last went in 2019 and I still nearly pass out on it every time. It's that first turn after the initial drop, it pulls like 5-6 Gs, which is quite a lot. They re-did that element at some point (2013 maybe?) where it's not as tight of a turn as the original (or something), and it still greys me out. It's an incredibly fun ride, I just can't ride it multiple times in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ofecks posted:

I last went in 2019 and I still nearly pass out on it every time. It's that first turn after the initial drop, it pulls like 5-6 Gs, which is quite a lot. They re-did that element at some point (2013 maybe?) where it's not as tight of a turn as the original (or something), and it still greys me out. It's an incredibly fun ride, I just can't ride it multiple times in a row.
Oooh i thought they just put brakes in, idk it was a full redesign