Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

C. Everett Koop posted:

Why would a Warner-Discovery that's facing the prospect of paying through the nose to keep NBA coverage and is cutting costs to the bone in every other aspect give more money to a depreciating asset without having to outbid someone else?

Warner-Discovery is actually spending a lot, despite what you'd think from their tax writeoff nonsense. i'm not sure about tv but they signed a huge deal with tom cruise, they tried to sign tarantino's new thing, leadership is happy to spend future money where they might not even be around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I know that I haven't actively updated this thread as much as I used to, but I put a lot of work into this thread trying to create an atmosphere for an honest, neutral discussion about AEW's business, both the positive and negative aspects of it.

I'm going to ask nicely exactly one time before I go to the mods. Please, please, please do not turn this thread into another AEW slapfight thread.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Pylons posted:

Are you loving stupid?

My sincerest apologies for taking Tony Khan at his word. I shall try and avoid so in the future.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

C. Everett Koop posted:

My sincerest apologies for taking Tony Khan at his word. I shall try and avoid so in the future.

the quote you posted said TBS looks at the demo lmao

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
For the record, from Wrestlenomics.

quote:

Updated with competition note: Dynamite ranked #6 for the day in P18-49 on cable. It was outranked by the two NBA playoff games on TNT (0.99, 0.95) and the two NHL playoff games on ESPN (0.38, 0.36), as well as Inside the NBA at 12:12 am (0.35), after the late game on TNT.

#1. Pelicans vs. Thunder on TNT: 2,814,000 viewers; 0.99 P18-49 rating

#2. Heat vs. Celtics on TNT: 2,856,000; 0.95

#3. Bruins vs. Maple Leafs on ESPN: 1,238,000; 0.38

#4. Golden Knights vs. Stars on ESPN: 1,003,000; 0.36

#5. Inside the NBA on TNT: 1,114,000; 0.35

#6. AEW Dynamite on TBS: 683,000; 0.23