Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

my homie dhall posted:

I think 1.2gbps is faster than the average powerline

I use power line adapters rated at 1gbps but only get ~400mbps over them, depends on your home’s wiring. still fuckin sweet magic though

apparently the ones i have do a 2 gbps PHY but ethernet output is still 1 gbps, so it's hard to judge whether or not it's actually hitting that without lower-level access

but since i use it for NAS basically i can safely say it almost saturates gigabit ethernet (scp regularly hits about 70-75 MBps), and yeah i realize that's roughly 600 mbps. i don't know if thats a limitation of the adapters or my network hardware

e: i dont wanna keep making GBS threads up the thread about these drat things but apparently comtrend also sells them as nexuslink for $20 less

plus a few answered questions:

yes it can cross breaker panels/circuits, yes it can cross phase (importantly, homeplug v2 doesn't do these things); yes, the coax adapter should be faster, according to comtrend, but the coax has to be completely unused (i.e. no tv or internet carried over it also)

e2: okay i think thats enough for now lol

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Aug 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

sorry I was too busy playing pinball arcade on my ipad

i'm playing pinball in an arcade. no ipad involved.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Silver Alicorn posted:

I have an indoor washer dryer. luxury

class traitor

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I think I finally have a decent comic idea after months of nothing, so spent a bunch of time planning it today. feels good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

yea sry ur voters got scammed into voting no

tbf the way it was done was so poo poo

the option presented to the public wasn’t really ideal

wish they could have a separated question : decriminalise?

and then step up the ladder

but apparently referendums can only present a whole idea, and so they had to create a weed state that was too much for the general population to swallow

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

i just hang handhry in lounge to dry

there is a colloquialism to call it a chinese laundry but that seems racist and regardless I don’t understand where that comes from

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Truman Peyote posted:

I think I finally have a decent comic idea after months of nothing, so spent a bunch of time planning it today. feels good

incelption

like inception but incels

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Silver Alicorn posted:

you got it made

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Silver Alicorn posted:

this was when i knew things were gonna be ok for me

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

weekend update: did a bunch of desoldering. Kinda fun once i kinda got into the groove and figured out you still need solder to desolder.

Anyway now i have a big, cool lookin circuit board and a bunch of weird transformers.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

gonna go out for sushi next

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Truman Peyote posted:

let us know when you release it, your last one was rad!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

echinopsis posted:

i just hang handhry in lounge to dry

there is a colloquialism to call it a chinese laundry but that seems racist and regardless I don’t understand where that comes from

in the old place I was hanging clothes in the bathroom to dry but i dunno if I wanna keep doing that, everything I have is tumble dry anyway. but I have some clothes Ive had a real;ly long time that are still nice so i dunno

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Achmed Jones posted:

:yeah:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

dioxazine posted:

had a big nap, now i'm ready to stay up all night and be rebellious

did you end up being rebellion

(this is a pacman jones reference)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

working in the garden, making my plants happy. It was too hot to do it earlier today

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
weekends almost over but I am relaxing at my posting station which is real nice.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

i love this beer apparently it’s a midwest staple

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

that's a good mowing the lawn or grillin beer

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

summer shandy is great. they make some other shandy flavors if youre into it

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

aw thanks folks, I certainly will. it is months away at the earliest but I'll post it for sure

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Ace weekend photo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

well friends, all good things must come to an end. The weekend is too goddamn short, but we will persevere and we will be at the next one real soon. I know it doesnt seem like it now, but we'll be on the business end of a friday night before you know it.

Take it easy, be kind to yourself and others, and we'll all be postin in the new weekend thread in five lousy days. We can do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the weekend is too god drat short