Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
And it's the last game of a sweep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Wasn’t quite as extreme but I once sat through like a 2 hour rain delay to watch the Dodgers lose in San Fran. Or maybe it was multiple rain delays? I forget. Bad baseball but I got to chat briefly with Joe Davis during a delay so sometimes it ain’t all bad

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The Mariners sweep!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The AL central.....kinda sucks

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
GOMS

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Mariners have a reasonable shot at winning 95+

Hopefully they lock up WC#1 and can set the rotation properly for the first playoff series in Seattle since 2001.

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder
What were the Machado-booers chanting?

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
drat. M’s are that one bad Munoz inning from having won 10 straight again.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yankees ending their season by losing 2 games in Seattle would be very funny

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Greasy Craig sighting

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Mariners have a reasonable shot at winning 95+

Hopefully they lock up WC#1 and can set the rotation properly for the first playoff series in Seattle since 2001.

Think you guys stand a chance to catch the Astros? I don't think it's entirely out of the realm IMO.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Kirios posted:

Think you guys stand a chance to catch the Astros? I don't think it's entirely out of the realm IMO.

Not unless Verlander is out the rest of the season and Alvarez decides to retire out of nowhere.

I’d love it but I think the Astros are still comfortably a 98-100+ win team. I think there’s still an inexplicable 7 game slide away from thinking about it.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Kirios posted:

Zero. It would take crazy runs for both teams.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

Hey now, don't put that Yankee juju on the Astros

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Fangraphs says 0.1% chance so that would really be spectacular

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Some Numbers posted:

Why are burning through all our relievers instead of just putting Flexen in for the second half?

I think Mariners believed the rain was going to return and we’re just trying to maintain their lead to the end of the fifth and did not expect it to go to 11 innings. Otherwise yeah makes no sense to put in Muñoz in the 4th. I mean the end result was a win so alright.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Feels like a big day for the O's if they can manage to take both games from the Jays.

Edit: Feels weird paying attention to standings in september lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Todaybor Day is Labor Day but also a Monday so there’s a new thread.