Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
jira???
jirae
jirii
jirim
jiras
View Results

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

now that i have a mighty workforce that looks to me as their stalwart and godly leader, it is incumbent upon me to make sure everything i do is as correct as possible.

to that end, it is necessary for me to know how to correctly pluralize terms, but no style guide can be found, no best practices webinar, not even one random indian dude's blog will tell me the answers i seek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

jirae eunt domus

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the gently caress you wanna know? put an s at the end, except for the times you don't do that

oh a poll, now i see the poll. yeah, put an s at the end. we're speaking english, not latin or greek or hebrew

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

DELETE CASCADE posted:

we're speaking english, not latin or greek or hebrew

i like your decisiveness! you have moxie! welcome aboard.

now, should i implement this with a generic class that just tacks 's' onto the names of things or what? we didn't story point this thread for more than about one or two pages, we need to get this sorted quickly.

but with no edge cases!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
jira is already plural, the singular form is "a jirum"

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

Are you sure that's not "an jirum"? How do I know the J is pronounced? It could be like Jehovah, right?

"Please fill out an jirum for this pointless bikeshedding issue" sounds pretty good to me with the Latin J

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

use the maori prefix nga

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
jira-jira

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gentle Autist posted:

use the maori prefix nga

interesting suggestion, i like this

Tom Collins
Aug 25, 2000

Gentle Autist posted:

use the maori prefix nga

this sounded inclusive and diverse so I immediately deployed it during a meeting

anyway long story short if anyone is looking for a really experienced and now even more culturally sensitive VP of Engineering plz let me know and i would be happy to apply

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

tom's collin

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I ordered a tom collins once and the bartender said hed never had anyone order one before

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

collins general

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

atlassians jira

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
jirass

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004