Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maroon Hawk

doesn't really work imo because if the cat is alive and trapped in a small box, you'll fuckin know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
one time when i was a kid we came back from church and heard this frantic meowing and we were looking all over for my little brother's kitten. eventually we realized he was sitting on the couch and not moving and the sound appeared to be coming from underneath him. yeah, he stuffed the kitten in a metal lockbox :(

the kitten was fine i guess but it ran away shortly afterwards and didn't come back

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Trying

Schrödinger's dog had no kind of wider ontological implications or what-have-you, he was just a really excellent dog.

Iambic Pentameter

The Maroon Hawk posted:

doesn't really work imo because if the cat is alive and trapped in a small box, you'll fuckin know it

schrodinger clearly did not own a cat. he got talent but this is a rookie mistake

google THIS

The Maroon Hawk posted:

The trick is to use a cardboard box, then shoo the cat away from the box multiple times so it thinks it's not supposed to get in the box, then when it sneaks in there anyway you start calling the cat's name and act like you're anxiously searching for it. Now you'll be lucky to get the cat out of there

nut

u just put a window on the box I don’t get what these people r on u aren’t smart schodinger

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I've put my homework assignments in the box and they exist in a simultaneous state of having the right answers and the wrong answers. That you, the teacher, have decided to open the box, collapsing the wave function, and setting a determination to this quandary of my answers being wrong is solely on you, the observer.

Now if you need me, I'll be rolling more DMT joints out of my physics books.

Trying

Nobody ever talks about his dog is why mention it. He was a good boy.

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Schindler's Cat saved more than a thousand Jewish refugees from Meowshwitz

Finger Prince

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Schindler's Cat saved more than a thousand Jewish refugees from Meowshwitz

This is simultaneously the greatest most terrible joke itt, and only the observer can tell which.

Twenty Four

Chekhov's Cat:

Don't put a cat in your story for no reason, you should use it for something, or it's just *coughs* "fluff".

Manifisto

Dunning's and Kruger's Cat (they have joint custody) is really really convinced he's hiding in a box, but he's actually only partially under an old sweatshirt (his tail is sticking out)

ty nesamdoom!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Manifisto posted:

Dunning's and Kruger's Cat (they have joint custody) is really really convinced he's hiding in a box, but he's actually only partially under an old sweatshirt (his tail is sticking out)

One day he'll learn he doesn't know poo poo about boxes.

The Maroon Hawk

Manifisto posted:

what a dumb animal. no signs of intelligence whatsoever.

I’ll take ten

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
you just know murphy's cat is gonna be trouble

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tadashi

Nosfereefer posted:

you just know murphy's cat is gonna be trouble

Murphy's cat doesn't mean trouble is going to happen it just means trouble is one of the infinite possibilities that could happen.

-Aaron Sorkin's cat

Finger Prince

If there's trouble to be had, murphy's cat will find a way to get in to it.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I remember that scene from Interstellar

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
You put two cats in the box, one dead one alive

google THIS

"So if an atom decays, the lightbulb switches on. But because it is still in the box..."

"I've got a better idea!"

"Schrodinger! Is that a...cat?"

Heather Papps

hello friend

the janitor at the large hadron collider, with a stray cat and a STRONG misunderstanding of the thought experiment, about to make a mess

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Scuba Trooper

godwin's cat:

Trying

I want the physicist, not the monkey!
...it's a cat
What?!
it's a cat, bro
...gently caress

Ass-penny

cats are all physicists who are super fascinated with gravity. you ever watch a cat push things off a table just to watch them fall?

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Schrödinger stumbling through his apartment filled with prototypes of boxes, radiological elements and dead animals

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Fredrik1 posted:

Schrödinger stumbling through his apartment filled with prototypes of boxes, radiological elements and dead animals

now i want to see the prototype of a box

Manifisto

Nosfereefer posted:

now i want to see the prototype of a box

*scientist in lab coat with frizzled hair and wild eyes from having stayed awake working for 36 hours, examining a box prototype with a bottom and three sides* goddammit we're so close but its still not right!!

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

Manifisto posted:

*scientist in lab coat with frizzled hair and wild eyes from having stayed awake working for 36 hours, examining a box prototype with a bottom and three sides* goddammit we're so close but its still not right!!

after decades of the brightest minds of science and engineering laboring at the problem, the solution - like so often - was found in nature herself; the humble cube worm