Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

Tell everyone you meet "actually it's pronounced Barthelona"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

complain that the food isnt spicy enough and demand more japanenos

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

dot communist posted:

Tell everyone you meet "actually it's pronounced Barthelona"

But say it like "Bartelona"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

you should try a Grand McExtreme Cheesy Roll Double

¡Extremadamente Grandes, Extremadamente Buenas!

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Sep 9, 2022

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

PookBear posted:

why are you not invited to the wedding

People want to know!

OP were you too goony for you're wife's wedding

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter posted:

you should try a Grand McExtreme Cheesy Roll Double

¡Extremadamente Grandes, Extremadamente Buenas!

drat that looks alright, not gonna lie

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

Why is your wife going to a wedding without you?

That’s pretty suspicious NGL

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

you should get back at your wife by going to amsterdam alone

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I wish my wife would go to a wedding without me. And take the kids.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

kntfkr posted:

I wish my wife would go to a wedding without me. And take the kids.
this is happening to me on friday :cool:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

numberoneposter posted:

this is happening to me on friday :cool:

you're probably gonna waste the day smoking weed and playing driving sims

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

kntfkr posted:

you're probably gonna waste the day smoking weed and playing driving sims
settle down carnac

edit: its not as good as it sounds, its in the morning, its like some sihk wedding tea ceremony or something and ill be at work any ways

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 9, 2022

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Sep 9, 2022

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
My wife is her friend's plus one to the wedding. The friend's friend is someone I don't know and because she is not currently in a relationship and a little high maintenance, my wife was asked to be plus one. I wouldn't invite strangers to the wedding either. Quite frankly I half hate weddings so I'm kinda excited about not going.

Chocolaté y churros was overrated. I just poo poo the chocolate and it came out exactly as it went in lol.

I'll find something to do because I'm a big boy, but I like to do stuff that isn't super touristy sometimes. I'll likely find some food and drink and just walk around.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Just hang out in Lavapiés until someone mugs you

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
european spanish is the most disgusting sounding language. it's the only language that grates on me. why the gently caress would anyone want to go to spain? also, gently caress portugal

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Strange Poon posted:

european spanish is the most disgusting sounding language. it's the only language that grates on me. why the gently caress would anyone want to go to spain? also, gently caress portugal

Some of the world's hottest men, IMO

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Go to the plain and see if it mainly rains there, OP.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Some of the world's hottest men, IMO

:hmmyes:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
buy a cool capirote op

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
There's a lot of cute boys, also girls(which I'm more into). I love speaking Spanish and constantly am thinking about and using Google translate for conversations as most people respect the effort to learn their language. Kinda speaking Spanish has helped me greatly in my years past in the restaurant industry. I wanna go to Mexico next, like Mexico D.F. not like, Puerto Vallarta.

I'm off to Plaza de Mayor on my lonesome. Gonna find a spot to grab some drinks and food. Lots of super cool shops we passed I might check out.

The chick my wife and I are travelling with is super into pastries and sweet bullshit, cause she's a lil chonk, but I'ma be putting my foot down to scoop some meat. gently caress that sweets bullshit. We walked like 30 mins to a pastry shop for our first meal of the day, and honestly over 24 hours, and I was like uhhhh gently caress this, and had us go to another spot where I got an omelette with jamón serrano and a nice little salad and some espresso.

I'm on wifi now, and if I post using data T mobile is probably going to rape me this month so you may not get any updates till later.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Actually t mobile hooked me up with free data and texts, but calls are .25c/minute which is fine. Didn't even have to do anything.

Just enjoyed dos mojitos and some mussels. Mussels were fresh and well cooked but I'm betting will be better in Bar(th)elona and Valen(th?)ia.

Now I'm gonna walk around and probably drink more.

Kinda want a fanny pack lol

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

drink a half liter glass of beer because they use the metric system

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I don't feel like hosting images right now, but I just had some tuna belly with spicy mango and an Estrello cerveza at El Mercado de San Miguel and met a nice frenchman. This is kinda amazing. Just need to cap it off with some strange drugs and I'll be in heaven

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Fr fr the 2€ coin is pretty useful

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

interwhat posted:

I don't feel like hosting images right now, but I just had some tuna belly with spicy mango and an Estrello cerveza at El Mercado de San Miguel and met a nice frenchman. This is kinda amazing. Just need to cap it off with some strange drugs and I'll be in heaven

Portugal just recently decriminalized all drugs, IIRC. It's a bit of a hike from Madrid, but I'm sure you can catch a train.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Have you tried drinking a tiny cup of coffee very slowly? I've seen many Spaniards kill a whole afternoon doing that.

:haibrower:

You should figure out the weed thing; its pretty easy and a fantastic way to kill an afternoon in Spain.

interwhat posted:

I'ma be putting my foot down to scoop some meat. gently caress that sweets bullshit.

Eat the Jamon Iberico. All of it. All of it.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the thought of brits in spain always makes me think of sexy beast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdHuQn2IgRk&t=90s

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

fight a windmill or something

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I made another stop on the way back to the hotel and had some grilled tuna with aioli and a vodka soda. At this place, the nice waitress that spoke perfect English came back after my drink order and was like "this or this?" with a sprite and a fanta. Instead of educating her or whatever 9n what "soda" is, I just picked sprite and it was good. The grilled tuna was of course topped with a very thin slice of ham(not advertised) fat, with an inedible outer skin. The aioli was very nice, as was the bean sprouts and roe on top. I am now making GBS threads and it is not solid but, of course it isn't. Got a couple of tall boys to cap the night, the missus and her friend should be back around 1:30-2:00am..

Thanks for absolutely zero help, goons lmal

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Vampire Panties posted:

:haibrower:

You should figure out the weed thing; its pretty easy and a fantastic way to kill an afternoon in Spain.

Eat the Jamon Iberico. All of it. All of it.

I think weed is a Barcelona thing. I googled "weed club" and it went straight to Barcelona. Jamón iberico is the first menu item at literally every restaurant here lol. I'm sure it doesn't match the hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

interwhat posted:

I think weed is a Barcelona thing. I googled "weed club" and it went straight to Barcelona. Jamón iberico is the first menu item at literally every restaurant here lol. I'm sure it doesn't match the hype

:shrug: Maybe? I didnt buy weed specifically in Madrid but I smelled it frequently and saw a lot of people smoking joints.

re: Jamon - i just stopped at the corner shops at got whatever. I'm the weirdo American who gets all the European food to go, so I can eat and walk around and not find a trash can