Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I watched a few youtube videos and it recommended me more so I rewatched this movie and drat it's loving good

Man this scene is great. The way the family is just so nonchalant about it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8qq66Ec7Oc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
The soundtrack is so good

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Toxic Mental posted:

I watched a few youtube videos and it recommended me more so I rewatched this movie and drat it's loving good

One thing I really enjoyed about this movie is how everyone is really really bad at shooting. Anyone who gets killed is shot at close range while their back is turned. It's really a great way to demystify the legends the film is depicting.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

:hmmyes:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Which was the western movie that came out in in the early 200's that used that Click-Click-Boom song for its commercials?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Extra Large Marge posted:

One thing I really enjoyed about this movie is how everyone is really really bad at shooting. Anyone who gets killed is shot at close range while their back is turned. It's really a great way to demystify the legends the film is depicting.

Rob ford is the best shot in the movie lol

e: or maybe not, I haven't seen it in years.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Vakal posted:

Which was the western movie that came out in in the early 200's that used that Click-Click-Boom song for its commercials?

American Outlaws?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

What are the best westerns since 2000? Bone tomahawk, 3:10 to Yuma, maybe True Grit?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Prey.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

American Outlaws?

Yeah, that's the one.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

poisonpill posted:

What are the best westerns since 2000? Bone tomahawk, 3:10 to Yuma, maybe True Grit?

Django Unchained

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

thiccabod posted:

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis did the soundtracks for the three best westerns since Unforgiven: The Proposition; The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford; and Hell or High Water. So if anyone reading this thread is making a western just know your movie will be better if you get those guys involved

I've been in love with Ellis' playing since the X-Files hidden track https://youtu.be/5B2F7_g3a-g

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

poisonpill posted:

the rover

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Bone Tomahawk is a great Western

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Stoatbringer posted:

I got bored and gave up about halfway through. I know some people think it’s great but I just found it slow and tedious.

same but just reading the title

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Bulgaroctonus posted:

I saw this in a tiny theater when it came out, but the marquee didn’t have room and they probably didn’t have enough plastic letters so I saw THE rear end OF JJ.

Sorry you didn't get to see what you were expecting (JJ's rear end).

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I can’t believe this is a real movie name.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

poisonpill posted:

thiccabod posted:

...the three best westerns since Unforgiven: The Proposition; The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford; and Hell or High Water.

:colbert:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Not technically a movie, but Godless (2017) was quite enjoyable.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

The good, the bad, and the weird was an awesome movie

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

All time classic film. Director got mega exposed making that piece of poo poo Blonde film. Tragic. Need a criterion 4K of TAOJJBTCRF ASAP

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

and, if they ever find it, put the 4 hour Venice Film Festival cut on there

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
My favorite fuckin movie. I also think I made a thread about it sometime in the last 14 years. Many of us have over time.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Buce posted:

I remember making this thread. Still proud of it, these many moons later.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

its a very good movie op, thanks for resurrecting your thread i just finished rewatching deadwood and im in the mood for more westerns, this is a good reminder

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Earwicker posted:

its a very good movie op, thanks for resurrecting your thread i just finished rewatching deadwood and im in the mood for more westerns, this is a good reminder

you're welcm earwicker. I aim to please

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I rewatched this movie again a few weeks ago. Sam Rockwell was crazy good. That look he gives here is wild.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I thought Young Ones was cool but I'm a sucker for genre bending kind of stuff like Brick or whatever, it's a dystopian sci-fi western

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH9_tU5PbGs

I'm probably going to rewatch the movie this thread is about and see if I like it this time

Also I'm going to reiterate Dead Man as a great western for anyone looking for westerns to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2nQMfLqwg

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 1, 2023

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

most recent good western i saw was hell or high water. its set in current times, a bank robbery story in the texas panhandle. not quite on the level of assassination of jesse james but definitely still worth watching

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

The English was pretty good but it weren’t no taojjbtcrf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

on the other end of the spectrum. im watching the quick and the dead (1995) i think it might be the worst western ive ever seen