Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sexual dysfunction is at around 50% prevalence for the stimulating end (ie fluoxetine) and around 90% at the sedating end, sertraline being the worst I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i'm on duloxetine currently, but even when i was on sertraline i didn't have any (other ones) though. my wife was on sertraline too and it didn't seem to change much for her either, again besides a decreased sex drive

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
decreased sex drive is (a) sexual dysfunction

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

hitting the things are getting worse before (hopefully) getting better part of therapy i guess

well, hopefully things don't just continue getting worse :(

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hope this unsolicited concept isn’t too off the mark

when you get some painful news like a girl you like tells you you stink, at first that stings man, and it plays over and over in your mind and that awful feeling just persists

but over time, it’s like the mind gets used to it, and it doesn’t sting as much, and you don’t think about it much, and eventually you hardly think about it at all and even when you do it doesn’t hurt

perhaps the therapy is bringing up painful whatever, which hurts and why it feels worse, but it is what you have to go through to get to the other side

hope things turn around for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I could be way off, but I’ve been through enough emotional pain to have learned that the hard way, and it gets me through, knowing these feelings aren’t forever.