Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you think will win the 2022 MLB World Series?
This poll is closed.
Mariners 32 20.65%
Blue Jays 13 8.39%
Rays 2 1.29%
Guardians 9 5.81%
Yankees 13 8.39%
Astros 12 7.74%
Phillies 10 6.45%
Braves 13 8.39%
Dodgers 22 14.19%
Padres 12 7.74%
Mets 10 6.45%
Cardinals 7 4.52%
Total: 155 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Congrats to Dusty getting his managerial ring. He's a cool dude.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
:effort:

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Very happy for Uncle Mike too. I know he missed the second half of the season, but he’s been a big part of all the winning since 2018 and deserves better than always being on “close but not quite” teams.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

She's right :hmmyes:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Yep. Should definitely yell louder into his ear until he gets it.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Belated congratulations to the thread’s Astros fans!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Acceptable series and season. Roll on, next one.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well not completely because it's not six straight division titles but I don't care cause last night ruled :toot:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

https://twitter.com/Starting9/status/1589307023010983936?s=20&t=wwQ2qO8nLwsuKILuZknKIw

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ChiTownEddie posted:

Congrats to Dusty getting his managerial ring. He's a cool dude.

https://twitter.com/stephapstein/status/1586098680607768589?t=wNumtUZfWJZnOrDji5Ckkg&s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/Starting9/status/1589111903069958144

Glad he got his world series moments to shine. If he had gone hitless that would have taken a little of the fun out of it I'm sure and that catch, woof. Probably saves the series since Bregman wouldn't have been able to play game 7

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I feel like unless their legs were literally broken those guys were playing game 7

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

lol

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Really wish Dusty would stop talking about his good friend Bill Cosby.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/wcgroovy/status/1589708360076922880

OK Astros fans, you aren't all bad

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I see no lies here

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/ChancellorTV/status/1589709862673391617

Why would Ted even appear?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

He's an egomaniac who loves attention, especially completely unearned.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

shyduck posted:

I see no lies here

It's lame because the Phillies guy did it better also it was a Padres guy who made this one apparently which is just hilariously bitter

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Imagine how great this video would have been if it connected

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Red posted:

Why would Ted even appear?

election day is tomorrow

I don't know if he specifically is up for reelection but he probably wants people to associate him and his party with a good thing for those fans

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cruz has tried really, really hard to get people to associate him with the Astros which I guess works in Texas but just makes everyone everywhere else hate both him and the team even more

Meanwhile when he was at Yankee stadium he cheered when Astros players struck out and poo poo, probably couldn't suppress his instinct to cheer when people around him were cheering

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Intruder posted:

Cruz has tried really, really hard to get people to associate him with the Astros which I guess works in Texas but just makes everyone everywhere else hate both him and the team even more

Meanwhile when he was at Yankee stadium he cheered when Astros players struck out and poo poo, probably couldn't suppress his instinct to cheer when people around him were cheering

It's not just the Astros - he does it at every major Texas sporting event - he doesn't actually care, he's just a craven attention whore. He was at the Baylor-UH Final Four game wearing a Baylor shirt and UH hat, the Texas Tech title game in tech gear, the Texas-Alabama game. He's just a little poo poo and the Astros are good so he stuck himself in the middle of all of it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Ted Cruz really is the ultimate playoff poster

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Ted Cruz really is the ultimate playoff poster

I was really annoyed by him jumping on the Tech and UH basketball bandwagons because that little private school Princeton poo poo probably had a lot of things to say about people who went to Tech and UH when he was younger.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It would have been really funny if he went to a game in Philly dressed in Astros gear.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Niwrad posted:

It would have been really funny if he went to a game in Philly dressed in Astros gear.

He's not allowed in PA because everyone hates him there so he has to be away from Oz so swing voters aren't turned off in a tight race.

He went to NY because he was stumping for Zeldin and it was a rally the base kind of thing

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/Philly__Nation/status/1589712795113000960

Well, I saw some really good things in Stott this year. He went from looking completely lost in the major leagues to regularly having marathon at-bats against the best pitchers in baseball in the playoffs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

He's not an Astro, he's just an rear end.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Can someone explain how Rizzo is eligible for a QO? Isn't this his 2nd or 3rd MLB contract? I thought that only applied to your first contract after the arbitration years ran out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Niwrad posted:

Can someone explain how Rizzo is eligible for a QO? Isn't this his 2nd or 3rd MLB contract? I thought that only applied to your first contract after the arbitration years ran out.

This seems like a great question for the Offseason thread!

Anyway the parade is over so I'm gonna close this one and consolidate discussion to just one of them.

Congratulations to Dusty Baker and only Dusty Baker :)