Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
Well folks, it’s hard to believe, but it’s that time of year again!

There’s lots of reasons to stop NATing this month — and every month — but I thought I would share a couple of my own personal ones.

First of all, NAT is messy. As soon as you NAT, it gets all over the place. Once you start doing it regularly, sometimes you’ll find yourself NATing without even meaning to!

Secondly — and this can be a tough one to admit — it’s just not healthy. NATing makes it more difficult to form proper connections with external parties. If you NAT too much, you may not be able to make connections at all. And that’s sad.

My brothers and sisters, we all know it’s wrong. And we all know it’s hard to stop. But this is a safe space. If you have a reason for giving up NAT, please share them with us so we can go forward together into a NATless future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
this creep just wants to see whats behind your NAT. dont listen to him

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no nat november

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

no gnat november

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
what about CGNAT? ive heard it's less bad than NATing yourself

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

my homie dhall posted:

Well folks, it’s hard to believe, but it’s that time of year again!

There’s lots of reasons to stop NATing this month — and every month — but I thought I would share a couple of my own personal ones.

First of all, NAT is messy. As soon as you NAT, it gets all over the place. Once you start doing it regularly, sometimes you’ll find yourself NATing without even meaning to!

Secondly — and this can be a tough one to admit — it’s just not healthy. NATing makes it more difficult to form proper connections with external parties. If you NAT too much, you may not be able to make connections at all. And that’s sad.

My brothers and sisters, we all know it’s wrong. And we all know it’s hard to stop. But this is a safe space. If you have a reason for giving up NAT, please share them with us so we can go forward together into a NATless future.

are you gonna make us use ipv6 instead. i don’t own a /20 or even a /27 :negative:

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

Shaggar posted:

this creep just wants to see whats behind your NAT. dont listen to him

I assure you, my intentions are pure.

VSOKUL girl posted:

what about CGNAT? ive heard it's less bad than NATing yourself

an exercise in how far we can stray from god’s light

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

NATing is actually extremely cool & good, op

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Gentle Autist posted:

are you gonna make us use ipv6 instead. i don’t own a /20 or even a /27 :negative:

ipv6 is the exclusive domain of perverts

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
natted but she still routin

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

natted but she still routin

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shaggar posted:

ipv6 is the exclusive domain of perverts

you say that like it's a bad thing :twisted:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011