Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

what did u eat?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker

wb nut! :tipshat:

alnilam

Heather Papps posted:

what did u eat?

whole lotta Combos from the looks of it

nut

Heather Papps posted:

what did u eat?

nm, you?

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

nut posted:

nm, you?

much :smith:

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Heather Papps

hello friend

nut posted:

nm, you?

i've been buying these packs of chicken legs and then baking them lately they're pretty good. lettuce is weirdly expensive right now and i know it's important but it feels really weird paying like five dollars for a head of iceberg.

i have not been trapped.

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
I hope you get cheap lettuce again soon, but i have always wondered how it was so cheap in the first place considering all the time, resources, and labor it takes to grow, pick, clean, ship, etc.

nut

Heather Papps posted:

i've been buying these packs of chicken legs and then baking them lately they're pretty good. lettuce is weirdly expensive right now and i know it's important but it feels really weird paying like five dollars for a head of iceberg.

i have not been trapped.

i'm going back in the orb tell me when i can have ranch and lettuce in the budget again so my mom can stop worrying about me eating vegetables

Shifty Nipples

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I hope you get cheap lettuce again soon, but i have always wondered how it was so cheap in the first place considering all the time, resources, and labor it takes to grow, pick, clean, ship, etc.

it is kind of funny to think about cheap produce in the winter (in the northern hemisphere)

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Heather Papps

hello friend

this is not a joke my grandfather used to get an orange as a christmas present when he was young, and he was ecstatic about it. ate a banana with his cereal every day i knew him till he died cause he couldn't get over being able to have a banana every day.

Shifty Nipples

Heather Papps posted:

this is not a joke my grandfather used to get an orange as a christmas present when he was young, and he was ecstatic about it. ate a banana with his cereal every day i knew him till he died cause he couldn't get over being able to have a banana every day.

I still get mandarin oranges in my christmas stocking

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Stoner Sloth

Heather Papps posted:

lol we'd get given them cause parents handed down far northern hemisphere ideas of xmas rituals and it was puzzling cause oranges are cheap and plentiful here. otoh it was at least an orange and who doesn't like an orange? plus there's a good memory cue from the scent of oranges at that time of year especially combined with the pine tree smell and from xmas foods :unsmith:

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
We used to push cloves into oranges and roll them in cinnamon, and then put bandaids on our fingertips because cloves are sharp.

ChubbyChecker

goldmine, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

ChubbyChecker posted:

goldmine, please