Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Speaking as someone who has a PhD in an area not un-adjacent to rocket science (it used to be a joke in meetings at work - everytime anyone said 'it's not rocket science' people would turn to me and say - but if you do need a rocket scientist.. ) ... it's a lot easier than dieting.

Took me less than 5 years to get the PhD (including writing up while holding down a fulltime job which wasn't in academia) but I have been dieting since I was 10. If I didn't put it back on every time, I'd be a quantum fluctuation in the vacuum of space, I'd be as rarefied as the tenuous interstellar medium - a purer vacuum than the purest vacuum available on earth.

Ooh top of the page again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wthzde-0ao

For this next one:

quote:

PLEASE NOTE that NONE of animals/pets included within this video were harmed or under any pressure while filming. Arena’s walls are not directly attached to the arena's control towers in order to prevent shocks from vehicle collisions. Also, towers are well isolated to prevent scarring animals upon balloon bursts. All contestants were kindly and patiently trained before battle. We love our furry colleagues and treat them with great amount of care. After each successful scene, we reward them with treats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2HWbiZ4kSM

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I think it's got to do with the consequences of mistakes when experimenting.

You blow up a rocket? You need to find funding. You blow up a person? Uh...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Diets are not normally hypergolic.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I have a simple diet when I need to lose weight: peanut butter and tomato soup. It’s very simple, I can eat as much as I want of peanut butter sandwiches and tomato soup.

Eventually I get bored of peanut butter sandwiches and tomato soup. So I eat less of them. And in so doing I lose weight.

This diet worked a lot better back when I was too poor to order delivery so just replacing all the food in my house with bread, soup and jars of peanut butter made cheating a lot harder. Now it doesn’t work so well cause if I get bored of peanut butter sandwiches and tomato soup, a McDonald’s can just magically appear at my front door. :(

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
https://mobile.twitter.com/guardian/status/1630642826244440087
How in the everliving Christ is the BBC doing a Saville docudrama? Of all loving organizations. Coogan is an excellent casting choice, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It is now the start of the meteorological spring. There is still no salad.

New thread has arisen.