Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

boofhead posted:

I heard good things about Rogue Trader when it first came out but then I heard it suffers in the final quarter of the game or so, like they tripped up for a deadline or something. But I also heard there was a big new patch recently so I have no idea - anybody played to the end since then and can comment? The story and world aspects seemed quite cool, I'm not interested in mechanics and just play everything on easy but I do love a good story and world

This does seem to be the consensus in the dedicated thread. Fortunately I never get more than halfway through one of these big CRPGs so it will not be an issue for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

HopperUK posted:

I just grabbed it because my gaming group is starting a Rogue Trader TTRPG campaign on Saturday and this way I can learn a bit about the setting and have images in mind.

Why yes, I *am* extremely cool.

Setting, yes, system very much no. Some of the things are named the same as in the tabletop but everything works differently.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Genuinely had no idea at all Level-5 busted out another multimedia franchise attempt with Megaton Musashi over the last few years.

I didnt realize this was Level-5, didnt bother to look on the Steam page. They always make great stuff, so I know this is going to be good.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FutureCop posted:

Yeah, looking forward to seeing how Megaton Musashi and No Rest for the Wicked pan out: they tickle my EDF/PSO and Dark Souls/Lost Ark/Curse of the Dead Gods fancies, respectively.

In other news, from the 'beat a game' thread:

HL: Alyx is so drat good. Honestly it makes me LESS hopeful for the (immediate) future of VR gaming, just given that it's been out for a few years and nobody's developed anything that's come close to it. I think the market just isn't there for it, but I'm grateful Valve got the opportunity to spend their infinite amount of money on creating a total banger -- who would have known they still have it in them?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Yvershek posted:

I still finding my self playing Balls of Steel every now and then. Each board goes all out with their theme and possible progression of events. Am still floored by what can get unlocked and how it all works together. Adding to them new objects and special effects makes it all better. Have seen a ton of effort being noticiable through parts I've only been able to unlock a few times.

Most memorable for me is what changes can happen on the table about an arsonist starting a terror campaign against a city.

Physics are realistic while not pissing me off like most other pinball games. Still get a kick that that approach also combines with the game being the only pinball type with a violence rating.

With how embarrassing the title is, the game's promotional campaign was even worse.The developer had been made a division of 3d Realms. Their tie in based on Duke Nukem 3d is noticeable for having fewer things end up happening. Makes for the types of advertisements you would expect.

I wish I was that hand

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Yvershek posted:

I still finding my self playing Balls of Steel every now and then. Each board goes all out with their theme and possible progression of events. Am still floored by what can get unlocked and how it all works together. Adding to them new objects and special effects makes it all better. Have seen a ton of effort being noticiable through parts I've only been able to unlock a few times.

Most memorable for me is what changes can happen on the table about an arsonist starting a terror campaign against a city.

Physics are realistic while not pissing me off like most other pinball games. Still get a kick that that approach also combines with the game being the only pinball type with a violence rating.

With how embarrassing the title is, the game's promotional campaign was even worse.The developer had been made a division of 3d Realms. Their tie in based on Duke Nukem 3d is noticeable for having fewer things end up happening. Makes for the types of advertisements you would expect.

can you play if you have balls balls balls balls balls balls of steel

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Hwurmp posted:

can you play if you have balls balls balls balls balls balls of steel

I'd assume that's the 3xball multiplier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

:magical:

..there is a fine line between genius and stupidity, and I feel the only people capable of pulling off the actually disgusting idea of "ragdoll physics pinball" are the devs of Bad Rats