Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Konar posted:

spending tons of money to browse websites lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Sorry if you're a pea brained little baby who gets lost while reading. Maybe you should not be stupid

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Sorry if you're a pea brained little baby who gets lost while reading. Maybe you should not be stupid

On the other hand, maybe they'd like to be a GBS moderator?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Big screens are for watching moves/shows and games and I guess work if that’s something you do. Phone for everything else because it’s freakin 2023 nerds.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Big screens are for watching moves/shows and games and I guess work if that’s something you do. Phone for everything else because it’s freakin 2023 nerds.

i would rather DIE

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What's a computer

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Accubitus posted:

Anybody who knows literally anything about design knows that optimal line length is around 15 words -- anything longer and it gets hard and frustrating to read (easy to lose your place, requires more concentration, etc). This is why print design has used columns for over a century. Look at any magazine layout, do they have the lines spanning the whole page? Stretching every line across the entire width of the available screen space is absolutely terrible design and I'm glad Wikipedia has FINALLY changed this

And they even kept a little button you can press to change it back if you're a dumbass

the typography mega nerds have arrived

tell us your opinions on LaTeX

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

latex is an improvement over wysiwyg text editors ime

though i only used it for my undergrad project

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Just look at it on your phone like everybody else does

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the empty space is a design choice to remind people that the wiki isn’t complete and there’s plenty of room for more articles

not everything has to have a soulless efficient design that sacrifices form for function, there’s room for both and that white space is literally that room made manifest

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Shameful people using a windowed operating system with everything fullscreened.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

On the other hand, maybe they'd like to be a GBS moderator?

They took the Moderation Aptitude Test but scored a C

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I have a perfectly good PC at work, what am I supposed to do with it if not waste time on the internet? Work?!

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

When I first saw it I thought someone had linked me to the mobile site

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't even know it changed, I've been using the Wikiwand extension for a while and I highly recommend it. It looks pretty slick and has several cool features like TTS, summaries, and options for layout/color configs, like changing the width of articles for example so more text occupies the screeen

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dickandweedia

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I signed up for Norton'a security protection because Verisin texted me and said I had 42 complaints against my name. I got on Google server and asked for Norton's phone # and called them! I called the hacker!!! I gave him permission to get into my computer and by doing so gave him all my personal information!!! What is wrong with this world? Is everyone a dishonest piece of crape to get what we have worked so hard to enjoy life! ??? Who can you trust! Had to have my computer cleaned to remove all the virus and shut down all my banking information! What a pain!

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
You can take Monobook from my cold dead hands.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I signed up for Norton'a security protection because Verisin texted me and said I had 42 complaints against my name. I got on Google server and asked for Norton's phone # and called them! I called the hacker!!! I gave him permission to get into my computer and by doing so gave him all my personal information!!! What is wrong with this world? Is everyone a dishonest piece of crape to get what we have worked so hard to enjoy life! ??? Who can you trust! Had to have my computer cleaned to remove all the virus and shut down all my banking information! What a pain!

Jimmy Whales you get over here right now and tell me why the internet is doing me such big time wrongs! I am fuming !

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

If you PM me your social security number I'll get you squared away

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Don't do it, he'll sign you up for assessment by the obamacare death panels.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

A couple months ago I was talking to another goon who said they gave some of their personal info to Smugworth because he was promising cheap and risk-free access to life-saving medication and I haven't seen that goon since

naem
May 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

What's a computer

https://youtu.be/G9FGgwCQ22w

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

A couple months ago I was talking to another goon who said they gave some of their personal info to Smugworth because he was promising cheap and risk-free access to life-saving medication and I haven't seen that goon since

The other goon is living happily and healthily in Aruba actually

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
after 3 years, I've managed to produce the most accessible, readable, perfect webpage ever

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

after 3 years, I've managed to produce the most accessible, readable, perfect webpage ever

thank you i assure you it was time well spent

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Space Kablooey posted:

thank you i assure you it was time well spent

hell yeah it was. i got paid!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Needs more under construction and flaming skull animated .gifs. Hard to concentrate on the text with out animated .gifs focusing my eyes on the page.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I can't here any midi music, is that deliberate?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I wonder if they did any a/b testing on desktop users.

Also didn't they join a campaign against whitespace energy consumption at one point? I guess that's over now.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Looks great on mobile OPs

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I can't imagine why they would change the interface at all, let alone this dramatically. Were they just bored or something?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Wiki needs competition

Gotta get those aasaddddssssss
Bwaw nwa nwa na na na na

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
But have you considered making a small donation though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU