Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss

Hi BYOB,

I have no idea if people will think this is as cool as I do but :shrug:

I've always thought it would be cool to make trading cards. Like I even priced out getting them printed and packaged as booster packs in little mylar wrappers and everything. That's way too expensive to start up though. So I took a bunch of drawings that I've made for the Post ITT art threads I've been posting in BYOB and turned them into virtual trading cards on a website/iOS app called Neonmob.

(Also I have COVID right now which is why I haven't done any of those in a while, but I am getting over it and I think I'll be fine over the next couple days [knock on wood])

https://www.neonmob.com/series/rad-badgers/
It's not available until Feb. 3rd but if you sign up now you can start banking your daily Free Packs and use them on this set when it's available.

It has pretty much everything you'd expect out of trading cards. There are 26 drawings in the set, with different rarities. Each card has a line or two of lore/flavor text. You open booster packs (for free), etc.

Notes:
(1) There's nothing NFT-related about this. Neonmob is a website and iOS app that just does virtual trading card collections, tied to your profile on the site/app, not to some blockchain thing.
(2) You have to create an account of course to track your collection, but once you sign up you get one or more free "packs" (2 cards each, I think) every single day. You can also pay to buy packs but you absolutely don't have to.
(3) Actually do not "buy" packs from this set with real money because I submitted it as an amateur set, meaning I don't get paid if you do. But Neonmob asked me to submit a "Pro Set" which is one that I would get a sizable cut of any transactions from, so if this ends up being cool I'll be submitting a much larger set w/ actual card art and stuff that I would get paid for (despite still being available for free to anyone who wants to collect it) :hellyeah:

It of course has a built-in trading system so if you want to collect the entire pack or get a specific card you can easily find others who have the cards you want and send trade offers.

This one is just kind of the proof of concept to see how it all works.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
nice, good luck!!! i looked at neonmob a while ago, because i was thinking about putting stuff on there for a chuckle, and at first i was like "huh" and i signed up, then i went "nyeh" and then "hmmm blglbglbgfftt"

the next day i went back and was like "eh" and clicked on stuff for a bit and then forgot about it. i shall watch your collection with interest because i really like your stuff

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

baka of lathspell

i signed up to be a neon mobster in order to collect cool arts :)

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Manifisto

pretty neat op! thanks for sharing, your art rocks!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i dusted off the old account and i'm getting in on this action

biosterous

hell yeah, gonna open up packs, eventually

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

https://forum.neonmob.com/t/neonmob-is-closing/5106

welp

on the plus side you can start opening packs for rad badgers a few days early

gallery of sigs

he/him

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

I wonder how hard it is to write something similar

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

biosterous posted:

welp

i kept trying to register an account and figured the failure was maybe a browser issue but nevermind this explains it

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

deep dish peat moss

biosterous posted:

welp

Dang I killed the whole platform!!

deep dish peat moss

I kind of foresaw that as I was submitting it because if you look through the other sets available it's mostly just boring AI-generated stuff, but that's still a bummer.

I am still recovering from covid and don't have my meds yet because the pharmacy is out :argh: But hopefully tomorrow I will have them refilled and I can start finding another cool thing to do with my art because drat I need insurance. If nothing else covid knocking me on my rear end for 10+ days now has motivated me to actually do something when I recover.

baka of lathspell

that sux ddpm but keep us posted with your endeavours :)

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Khanstant
what a roller coaster but your drawings are sick as hell so thats cool.

i am working on making a set of playing cards for All Cards Game. all cards are alread ypart of my game but you're free to make All Cards Game cards too on purpose

deep dish peat moss

I got an email that this is now available if anyone wants to pointlessly collect some before it shuts down in a month :hellyeah:

https://www.neonmob.com/redeem/EARTHWASHE26115

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

deep dish peat moss posted:

I got an email that this is now available if anyone wants to pointlessly collect some before it shuts down in a month :hellyeah:

hell yes sign me up for pointless clickery

baka of lathspell

I clicked thru im so mad I’m gonna lose my cards

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Prof. Crocodile

I have signed up and I will do my best to catch 'em all. Or collect 'em all. Not really sure how physical trading cards work, let alone virtual ones, but I love the art.

posting smiling

i just got on there and pulled a two of the very rare pathological liar pizza guys. it was a heady ride. i'll be sorry to see them go. hope you are feeling better ddpm! your art is always very sick.

deep dish peat moss

Thanks :kiddo: I'm currently without my meds because the meds that my doctor switched me to to avoid shortages are also out of stock country-wide :toot: But I have been doubling down my efforts on making a videogame and I've settled on a muted retro lo-fi aesthetic for it.

I don't know how to explain it without dropping a wall of text about the lore but it vaguely resembles a free-form open-world Phoenix Wright game.

You settle disputes between star-peoples

And fly around to different planets

And there's lots of cool parallax background art

posting smiling

Thanks :kiddo: I'm currently without my meds because the meds that my doctor switched me to to avoid shortages are also out of stock country-wide :toot: But I have been doubling down my efforts on making a videogame and I've settled on a muted retro lo-fi aesthetic for it.

I don't know how to explain it without dropping a wall of text about the lore but it vaguely resembles a free-form open-world Phoenix Wright game.

wow those look amazing. i feel like i am going to run into the rough crowd from shufflepuck cafe

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Holy moley! Those are gorgeous! Super professional looking too. Making a videogame is no easy task to undertake alone, but at least art-wise you already got a winner.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

biosterous

hot drat these look good

gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

that fuckin kicks dicks op