Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
I’m gonna be honest, I’m not keen on the idea anyway. And I’m telling this friend of mine and her stripper bestie no anyway, but I gotta ask, mainly because the thread title itself is funny to me. Can you do it and still get cleared? They’re telling me “bro you can just do it from behind the camera, no one needs to see your face” and I’m thinking “no motherfucker I have to sign a model release for that poo poo and they’re gonna know.” At the same time, it’s not like I’m banging callgirls or some poo poo, which is apparently A-OK for Congress. Where is the line really at? You decide. And also tell me so I have added ammunition when I tell my hoe friends to gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

TheWeedNumber posted:

I’m gonna be honest, I’m not keen on the idea anyway. And I’m telling this friend of mine and her stripper bestie no anyway, but I gotta ask, mainly because the thread title itself is funny to me. Can you do it and still get cleared? They’re telling me “bro you can just do it from behind the camera, no one needs to see your face” and I’m thinking “no motherfucker I have to sign a model release for that poo poo and they’re gonna know.” At the same time, it’s not like I’m banging callgirls or some poo poo, which is apparently A-OK for Congress. Where is the line really at? You decide. And also tell me so I have added ammunition when I tell my hoe friends to gently caress off.

I knew dudes that were prolific weed dealers before becoming Airmen with TS/SCI access.

What I’m saying is, being honest, or being definitively dishonest successfully (I.E. you don’t disclose and they never find out) will work. I encourage honesty. I knew girls who had exotic danced. It’s not illegal or a problem to work a legal job you happen to get naked for.

Lying about it, denying it, or hiding it? That’s a quick way to never get a security clearance. That makes you a black mail liability.

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009
From my experience, the line is can be used to blackmail you into giving up government secrets. Could the threat of your family finding out you do onlyfans be enough to blackmail you?

For reference. I know several people who are openly active in the Leather/BDSM community who have security clearances. If you are open and honest about yourself and that information about you can't be used against you, you should be fine.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Its not a security risk if your family and friends already know you're doing it, eliminating the 'risk' of foreign adversaries using revealing your secret to blackmail you.

Security people deal with sex things all the time. Open and Honest is always how you get through it.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Not only is it fine, but you have a moral obligation to help your friends with their business venture. Be a good friend.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

maffew buildings posted:

Not only is it fine, but you have a moral obligation to help your friends with their business venture. Be a good friend.

Yeah, and post it here so we can help out too. :quagmire:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
I guess the next post I gotta make is in the academia thread now lol.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Academia is completely different than a military security clearance. Directional Tennessee State doesn't have the ability to do the kind of background research that the federal government performs when it grants a clearance, and even then most schools don't give two shits about your private life if you're publishing in top journals. If you've got repeat publications with a shitton of citations in A journals and you're not loving students, no one will care.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Just remember, once you lay pipe for Only Fans you need to pay union dues to both SAG and pipefitters.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Just use a stage name?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
“My name is Johnny Pipes, I lay more pipe than Mario and I gently caress harder than the government.”

Stage names, they work for you.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Mr. Nice! posted:

Academia is completely different than a military security clearance. Directional Tennessee State doesn't have the ability to do the kind of background research that the federal government performs when it grants a clearance, and even then most schools don't give two shits about your private life if you're publishing in top journals. If you've got repeat publications with a shitton of citations in A journals and you're not loving students, no one will care.

I’m definitely not gonna be smashing these students. I guess I need to reevaluate my position on OF then. Thanks for the blessing.

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 27, 2023

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

TheWeedNumber posted:

I’m definitely not gonna be smashing these students. I guess I need to reevaluate my position on OF then. Thanks for the blessing.

I think the academia take is going to be heavily dependent on your school, department, and position. If you're doing "CRT" or any kind of social analysis, the (other) faculty won't give two shits about your personal life but if you have CHUDS actively looking for controversy then it might end up on Tucker Carlson. OTOH, if you're in like engineering or something nobody official will care at all but some of the other faculty might be weird about it. Also if you're on the market, it's the kind of thing that might be a whisper campaign that would kill a position or it might be something nobody cares about at all. Doing it once or twice, no big deal. Becoming a big-name creator? Positions might dry up because it's so competitive right now that little things will affect a decision.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Notahippie posted:

I think the academia take is going to be heavily dependent on your school, department, and position. If you're doing "CRT" or any kind of social analysis, the (other) faculty won't give two shits about your personal life but if you have CHUDS actively looking for controversy then it might end up on Tucker Carlson. OTOH, if you're in like engineering or something nobody official will care at all but some of the other faculty might be weird about it. Also if you're on the market, it's the kind of thing that might be a whisper campaign that would kill a position or it might be something nobody cares about at all. Doing it once or twice, no big deal. Becoming a big-name creator? Positions might dry up because it's so competitive right now that little things will affect a decision.

I would never become a “name” if I did this. I’m never gonna let myself be in front of the camera. IIRC, with OF, everyone involved needs to sign a model release. Since my major and possible PhD will be in political science/international affairs, I probably don’t wanna do anything politically questionable if I wanna be one of “the names” whose an authority on Counterinsurgency. And I definitely don’t wanna gently caress with my future.

E: The asses involved in this theoretical scenario are “phat” but not big enough for me to risk a future for. And the ladies involved are cute but not that drat cute.

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 27, 2023

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Just don't play War Thunder and its fine.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
You're sure spending a lot of time telling us why you shouldn't do this instead of going and helping your friends with their artistic endeavor

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Fivemarks posted:

Just don't play War Thunder and its fine.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

TheWeedNumber posted:

I would never become a “name” if I did this. I’m never gonna let myself be in front of the camera. IIRC, with OF, everyone involved needs to sign a model release. Since my major and possible PhD will be in political science/international affairs, I probably don’t wanna do anything politically questionable if I wanna be one of “the names” whose an authority on Counterinsurgency. And I definitely don’t wanna gently caress with my future.

E: The asses involved in this theoretical scenario are “phat” but not big enough for me to risk a future for. And the ladies involved are cute but not that drat cute.

Oh, dude, if you're not currently in a PhD program or on faculty somewhere then nobody will care at all. It's not the kind of thing anybody is going to go through your background for and it would almost certainly not affect even an application to grad school. If you can help advance your advisor's career or research, nobody would care if you used to do Tijuana donkey shows.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Oh wait did I also assume that from misreading - I thought you were implying that they were somehow "your" students, not that they and yourself are just students.

This sounds a lot like classic catholic guilt about sex stuff. Just say you don't want to gently caress them instead of roundaboutly justifying it? Or just gently caress, like adults?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

M_Gargantua posted:

Oh wait did I also assume that from misreading - I thought you were implying that they were somehow "your" students, not that they and yourself are just students.

This sounds a lot like classic catholic guilt about sex stuff. Just say you don't want to gently caress them instead of roundaboutly justifying it? Or just gently caress, like adults?

What I was saying is, if I became a professor, I would never gently caress a student PERIOD. I don't care if they were in my class or not. I'm 32 going on 33. I'm going to graduate at 34, finally, with a BA. 5 years later, at best, I'd have a PhD right? That's 39-40. That means I'd be old as gently caress. Not gonna be "that guy" fam, can't do it.

As for the OF thing, its a high school friend and her friend who wanna do this thing/get me roped into it. That's what that is. Bout it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

maffew buildings posted:

You're sure spending a lot of time telling us why you shouldn't do this instead of going and helping your friends with their artistic endeavor

It looks like I'm gonna. Stay tuned in the coming months I guess.