Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Everyone all relaxed after last month's excellent theme of Rejuvenation? I know it was a nice start to the year for me since I hadn't won one of these for a loooong time. I'm glad y'all liked my January photo.

sprouts from a charred log-9491

For this month, let's explore the idea of tension. Interpret as you will. Good luck!

RULES:
This thread is for posting pics & voting.
1. One submission/poster. You can change your submission as many times as you want, so long as you only have one entry when the voting begins. Edit your post to do this, please.
2. Single photos only - no video, triptychs, or multi-photo entries. Blending exposures into a single image (such as focus stacking, or HDR), is ok though.
3. Photos must be taken during the period of the contest. No pulling out old favorites!
4. Contest will be open until [at least] the last day of the month at 11:59 p.m. GMT after which voting will begin.
5. Voting will continue until some time after that, probably the 2nd or 3rd.
6. Use good judgment/good taste if venturing into NSFW or potentially offensive territory. PM me or a mod if you have questions.
7. When voting, please use the spoiler tag.
8. In the event of a tie the OP of the thread selects the winner.
9. One vote per user :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

getting this started

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Fernandez Ranch cows-5173 on Flickr

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Let's keep those entries coming in. I'll close this on the morning of the 2nd.

Jerm324
Aug 3, 2007
This feels a bit to similar to one of my previous month's entries but it's the only thing I had from this month that I felt fit the theme.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

ploots fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 1, 2023

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
2023-02-07 17.38.54 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Votin' Time

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Jerm324                 

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Viginti Septem also is it just me or is Jerm324's photo breaking anyone else's brain

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Jerm324 because I cannot figure out what I am looking at

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
hail e-satan. Lots of great entries this month

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

Jerm324

Jerm324
Aug 3, 2007
majour333

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Viginti Septem

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
hail e-SATAn

Kangra
May 7, 2012

jerm324

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Jerm!

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Congrats Jerm324! The next contest is yours. Thanks everyone for the great entries this month.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

definitely want an explanation of that photo. is the fence nearly lying on the ground?

Jerm324
Aug 3, 2007

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Congrats Jerm324! The next contest is yours. Thanks everyone for the great entries this month.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

definitely want an explanation of that photo. is the fence nearly lying on the ground?

Hooray! I'll have a new thread up sometime tomorrow.

That old fence runs along a very old drainage ditch. Over the years as the fence posts either rotted or rusted, the fence fell over. The weight of all the bad posts is bending over the ones that still have some hold in the soil and only the tension from the barbed wire is keeping it up. Here's a slightly wider shot from another day. The Short-Eared Owl was perched right in the center there behind the illuminated dry grass.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Jerm324 posted:

Hooray! I'll have a new thread up sometime tomorrow.

That old fence runs along a very old drainage ditch. Over the years as the fence posts either rotted or rusted, the fence fell over. The weight of all the bad posts is bending over the ones that still have some hold in the soil and only the tension from the barbed wire is keeping it up. Here's a slightly wider shot from another day. The Short-Eared Owl was perched right in the center there behind the illuminated dry grass.

Good work 👍

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the weight of all the bad posts, huh?