Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I think if you get kicked out of the games industry for lovely management you have to go into managing POS software, that's a law I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kith posted:

i'm talking about the management types, not the execs. executives rarely gently caress up the guts of the money machine, and when they do it looks like blizzard

Yeah fair but lol justice

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

syntaxfunction posted:

I think if you get kicked out of the games industry for lovely management you have to go into managing POS software, that's a law I think.

video games are POS software tbh

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Looking forward to Pantheon mode next week

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Kith posted:

they'll be hard pressed to find work elsewhere if they get as publicly fired as sony has been threatening, even if they have tasty severance bonuses.

They can and probably will find a lucrative career in politics, be it a campaign or PAC.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Father Wendigo posted:

They can and probably will find a lucrative career in politics, be it a campaign or PAC.

Probably more likely to wind up in the FCC

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Crashes and disconects like crazy. Bungie really wants me to go to bed early tonight.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lost a solo flawless run on a 4/4 game because my teammates PUSHED A loving WELL outside of the room where the point was. Mine and the enemy rezes were in the room with the point. All they had to do was stay on the point and we would have won. That will teach me to play solo trials! :suicide:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Ok I’m done with Onslaught this week

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 27, 2024

Orv
May 4, 2011
Where is my Trench + One-Two shotgun Bungie, the game is over, give it to me finally

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Back to playing, can I get an invite to overchill again? Name is same as here, I think that's how it works?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Goddamnit Bungie, couldn´t you at least have included one autorifle in the Brave arsenal?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

nah. u can have some still obtainable raid weapons tho.

e: also hey explosive payload counts as an individual hit for rewind rounds, so if you get a hung jury with both then you'll never need to reload

Orv
May 4, 2011
Unfortunately I have always hated how the Omolon scout rifles feel, gimmie a good Veist one

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

best alternative i can offer is transfiguration

e: now that i think about it, i'm pretty sure there are no rapid fire scouts with explosive payload

Orv
May 4, 2011
Man, I guessssssss

E: Also while I’m making pointless wishes could I please get the feel of the whatever year it was really good, Firefly/Rampage Trust on a 140.

Orv fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 27, 2024

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

if i could get a rapid fire scout or pulse with explosive payload and rewind rounds i would actually stop using the fighting lion. serious.

Orv
May 4, 2011
What is your FL even up to these days, number wise

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

261.5k. Haven't been playing as much.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Fair, still impressive

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
christ the catalyst for Navigator must take a lot of kills. I feel like I'm barely making any progress.

Maybe with all the strand buffs my kills aren't getting flagged as weapon kills? All the worms and severing? I know I've had a similar lol to myself when I've tried to use sunshot for "handcannon kills" and it barely registers because technically the explosions are getting the kills, not the projectile.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Unfortunately my enthusiasm for Destiny is slowly being ground into dust by a variety of factors.

Lightfall was dogshit.
I have never liked Champions and it feels like they're only getting more common and/or annoying.
Tormentors would have been cool additions if not for the crit requirements forcing loadouts.
Mara Sov sucks, the Dreaming City sucks, and we've had two seasons effectively dedicated to both.
Surge/overcharge just muddies the waters with damage bonuses instead of doing anything interesting that could actually impact gameplay.
Artifact mods push everyone into the same general build.
My favorite gun keeps getting nerfed because of people pissing and moaning about PvP despite PvP being the smallest player population by far.

Really hoping Final Shape doesn't gently caress the football. I have SOME hope thanks to the new Void Titan super, but I'm wary of the new enemy types being a miserable pain in the rear end to fight like Tormentors are.

Kith fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 27, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

christ the catalyst for Navigator must take a lot of kills. I feel like I'm barely making any progress.

Maybe with all the strand buffs my kills aren't getting flagged as weapon kills? All the worms and severing? I know I've had a similar lol to myself when I've tried to use sunshot for "handcannon kills" and it barely registers because technically the explosions are getting the kills, not the projectile.

I had the same problem with Outbreak Perfected, since it only counts precision kills, but the SIVA swarm will nearly always finish the enemy off instead

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The worst catalyst was Rat King because I came back right before beyond light and everyone had already done it and didn’t want to do it again with me. I didn’t finish it for almost a year. :negative:

Gnarly Sheen
Jun 25, 2015

I'm ITT

RBA Starblade posted:

It's really funny until you realize you can't kill the fifty exploding shanks in one shot anymore and also that you're against a wall

Strand severance enclosure finisher explosion builds are OP for onslaught in general, but this especially. Makes the whole mode a joke even on legend difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Hi! I legitimately haven't touched the game since 2016; I just came back this last week and honestly have been pretty enamored. I've never particularly enjoyed competitive/pvp first-person shooters because I'm absolute dogshit at them. :) And that's probably why destiny has always been so enjoyable for me :shrug: I suck at em, but fps are fun for me, but mostly just the campaign/co-op stuff. So all the pve content is a blast to me and I mostly spend all day doing dailies, gambits, strikes, bounties, world quests and mostly just running around maps killing poo poo.

If this is any of y'alls style would love to group up~ joined the discord :)