Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I'm having a lot of fun with this game and I wanted to share it with you all, my "best friends".

There was another thread about Gloria Victis from years ago when it was in Early Access. Instead of Necroing it, I decided to put together a new post since it just released a couple weeks ago. There were some pretty serious ddos issues for about a week or two. They seem like they've got it under control now. There are still lag spikes that can make the fights not fun for a little bit. They usually don't last long. There is also an appropriate amount of jank for a small indie European mmo.

Gloria Victis is a medieval low-fantasy mmorpg with slow paced directional combat like Mount and Blade. It was in early access for a long time, but it just released. There is no subscription fee and you just need to buy the game for $20 off Steam (or $16 from the Humble Store if you have a choice subscription).

Steam Page
https://store.steampowered.com/app/327070/Gloria_Victis_Medieval_MMORPG/

Content
Leveling is very fast. There is a main quest line that takes you from 1-50ish and gives you a set of gear. The max level is 100 and you get free respecs until level 90.

You can do PvE content, dungeons, raids, world bosses, and crafting, but the main draw is the faction vs faction pvp. The map is broken up into a few sections, your safe home continent where you can't be pvped, a large no loot pvp ring, and a higher risk/reward loot pvp zone. Each territory consists of bases which usually consist of a castle and several outlaying resource nodes such as lumbermills and farms. The bases are mostly destructible and can be rebuilt and upgraded by the controlling faction, but you can't customize them.

Controlling territory gives your entire faction bonuses such as improved crafting, bonus exp, and access to resources or PvE content.

Even in the loot area, you don't drop all of your items. Instead enemies have 30 seconds or so to search your body and steal up to 1 piece of gear and some crafting materials or consumables from you using a point buy system. Even then, looting takes time and can be interrupted.

There is no magic in the game and no predefined classes. You are free to customize your character using attribute points, spending points on a skill tree, and choosing what type of gear to equip.

The left side of the tree is 1 hand and shield tanky skills, middle is archery, then 2 handed weapons. The next line is the medic tree and the far tree is cavalry with horse archery on the left and melee on the right.

Playing with other Goons
We've got a small goon guild on the Sangmar Empire, the Yellow Faction, with a home server of Holmridge3. We do a lot of pvp and are wrecking poo poo up.

To be able to play with us, you need to choose the Yellow Faction, Sangmar Empire, during character creation. You can freely change servers right now so that isn't as important. Factions are set for your entire account and it is a huge pain to try to change it.

You can either post here with a character name to get an invite, or you can hop over and chat us up on discord. We are in the Sandcastle Kickers group: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4002132&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoKIovRtK_Q
In this video we are doing a PvPvE dungeon. There are two 5 man teams from each faction and we are competing against each other to kill bosses for loot. At this point in the clip, it is a 2v2 with the enemy faction after we both lost 3 team members. It is a close fight and my ally dies and with 2 hp left I kill the enemy by throwing a torch at him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttDOuHWewDY
This video is of a small battle in castle courtyard. My team mates died and the enemy team was really bad so I killed them all from horse back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFsc0OAQ6ZU
Finally, this video my faction was engaged in a large battle over a major enemy castle. A couple major guilds on our team suddenly decide to leave to go do a world boss on the opposite side of the map. I open the map to figure out where everyone disappeared to and I'm suddenly greeted by the entire enemy team.

Delizin fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Bumped old thread because I hadn't played the game yet & couldn't make an OP of my own, was hoping someone would create new one. Definitely going to get into this game soon.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
Name: Tom_Brokaw

Looking for invite to guild.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

FreeWifi!! posted:

Name: Tom_Brokaw

Looking for invite to guild.

There we go, you should have an invite.

I also added a link to our discord info page in the OP.

Delizin fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 4, 2023

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
Wish I had more time for this at the moment since it seems like it'd be fun.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

We had some huge battles tonight. It is hard to capture the scale of it since the fights expanded well off the screen.

Twice per day, there are pvp events and whichever faction earns the most points by holding territory over time wins a buff for everyone in their faction. It was a close fight, but we managed to secure our victory. To add insult to injury, we razed a good portion of the Red teams home keep during the war.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mount and Blade but with people sounds amazingly terrible so I bought this. Will install and check back in thread at some point.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
- Changed the cooldown for changing the main server to 6 hours. We will be increasing it back to 7 days as it normally was later, based on the situation on the servers.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

had a lot of fun with this in EA, glad it finally came out.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

In game as Badllama as a yellow person.

Got to actually doing pvp and it was fairly fun but this seems like a game where you need a pack of bros to have actual fun.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

BadLlama posted:

In game as Badllama as a yellow person.

Got to actually doing pvp and it was fairly fun but this seems like a game where you need a pack of bros to have actual fun.

Oh hey, you were actually running around with a couple of us last night I think. I'll shoot you an invite and you can join our pack of bros.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Will guild t-shirts be available for purchase?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

A couple servers got consolidated, including our home server. We are now on Holmridge3. This should mean more and larger fights for us.

jabro posted:

Will guild t-shirts be available for purchase?

For a small licensing fee, you can reprint the guild logo onto shields and flags.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
In game as NoiseComplaint

Giving it a shot, why not.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
Gloria Victis is shutting down...

https://www.gloriavictisgame.com/en

:(

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

is it the first MMO to not last a page before dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

FreeWifi!! posted:

Gloria Victis is shutting down...

https://www.gloriavictisgame.com/en

:(

lol nobody noticed this in time to even check and the entire thing 404s now. rip