Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I am a first year yearbook advisor and they are giving me a photojournalism class for next year. We currently have a Canon EOS 60D (no one knows when the camera was purchased though) but I am working towards getting a couple of new cameras.

I am trying to get the best quality within my price range. Price range is $400-$800 including a lens. So far, I am leaning towards a Canon EOS 2000D with this bundle of accessories. Am I on the right path?

Cannon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera w/ 18-55mm Zoom Lens + 75-300mm Lens Kit | 24.1 Megapixels CMOS | HD Video + Wide Angle Lens + Telephoto Lens, 128GB Memory, 3PC Filter Kit, Tripod + More (35PC Bundle) https://a.co/d/dyP6mea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

They have the same set up but without the larger lens that is $440 so I am thinking about getting one of each bundle and moving the longer lens between the cameras based on the needs of the class.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Haven't a clue, but there's a whole photography subforum called the dorkroom that might have opinions.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Flipperwaldt posted:

Haven't a clue, but there's a whole photography subforum called the dorkroom that might have opinions.

Thanks for the heads up. I commented in a thread there and will hopefully get some info.