Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
FINALLY saw this and I loved it.

Had a few nitpicks but they were made up for as the movie wrapped up and it was more obvious that it was a finale kinda flick.

I have a huge tolerance for stupid stuff in action movies as long as the action is good so this definitely clicked with me lol, I think the only moments that stood out as almost "too" stupid were the point where he gets hit by cars like three times over and just walks it off quickly and the way he seemed to be able to fly around anywhere he wanted as needed (compare to how in 3 the entire first act was him doing stuff just to arrange being able to fly somewhere at all).

Like the lore/duel/rules stuff was all stupid too but I can roll with all that. I love that Bill Skarsgård goes to all this trouble to have scenarios where every other assassin is making it their mission to kill John Wick even though that's already been the status quo for almost two movies straight lol.

Caine and the Tracker were both fuckin' awesome. I knew Donnie Yen was in this but figured he'd be in it for like five minutes or something and not almost be a secondary protagonist, fuckin' ruled and I loved his style and whole thing here. I hope we see more of these three characters in the inevitable fifth movie.

Why do they keep changing their mind so wildly on what to do with this franchise? Like remember when John Wick 3 was going to be about the class struggle between people like Laurence Fishburne and the high table assholes but then instead 3 just went around in circles to land on that same point again, and then they kind of barely remembered that in this movie? Wasn't Ana de Armas supposed to be in this or/and a spinoff movie as one of Anjelica Huston's ballerina assassins by now? I mean who cares because this poo poo fuckin' rules anyway.

Scott Adkins was amazing, another one of those flicks where you could say it's overlong in some ways, but I'm not really sure what I'd cut. Also something I love about these movies is that they're often very dark with a lot of grumbled dialogue but done well so I can actually see and hear everything without trouble.

I'm not a technical person with movie stuff but I wish whoever did the lighting or whatever for all the daytime scenes actually walked around outside during the day at some point before doing them. A lot of the daytime stuff (even interiors) looked like lovely CG or badly done green screening at points even in instances where I know they shot in an actual location or set,* how do you do that?

I'm glad the Elder stuff has been wiped away, though I think you could not even have that scene in the movie. Wick's frequent flyer miles must be through the roof, I'd be so pissed if I flew all the way back to NYC so someone could tell me to fly to Berlin instead like a couple of hours after I get there lol

Huge miss to be in Paris, have what seems like a small Warriors homage turn into a much longer one with the dialogue and music choie, but then NOT have the High-Hats show up?

*WTF is with them always filming on the New Jersey PATH trains when it's train time? Worst Osaka stations ever on screen :lol:

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU