Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Almost all lyrics can be found online, but some cannot be found easily, despite the artist having some notoriety.

The one I’m having trouble with are the lyrics for “Digital” by Roni Size. I’ve also found I’m not good at deciphering lyrics myself.

This is my effort:
[Video yoga]? digital
Manipulate the manual
I am [???]
Digital and [???]
(Verse repeats 3 times, and each seem to have some variation)

I am the only one
To find you here
I am the only one
Inside

[Unknown vocal sample 4x] [Made astray]???

(Lyrics repeat)

Slide slide slide

(Lyrics repeat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tPSTs4rH7g

Even Michael Stipe doesn't know the lyrics.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Edward Mass posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tPSTs4rH7g

Even Michael Stipe doesn't know the lyrics.

Congrats, those lyrics are freely available online just by doing a quick Google search, and also display on streaming platforms such as Spotify. This thread is for deciphering lyrics that can’t be found anywhere, or getting a link from some obscure place someone knows about.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I've always wondered about the full lyrics to this tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llpzNaaOcKg

Most of them are out there but there are a lot of missing lines. Justin Warfield spits it so fast and just like Bug Powder Dust, basically every third word is a reference to literature, spirituality or pop culture.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Good Sphere posted:

Congrats, those lyrics are freely available online just by doing a quick Google search, and also display on streaming platforms such as Spotify. This thread is for deciphering lyrics that can’t be found anywhere, or getting a link from some obscure place someone knows about.

Wow Edward Mass…..you really hosed up this time

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Escobarbarian posted:

Wow Edward Mass…..you really hosed up this time

I actually regret sounding so snarky. Sorry Edward.

Simply put, if the lyrics are published and freely available, you can augment your abilities and decipher the lyrics. Otherwise there wouldn’t be a reason really to have this thread, other than to make a list of songs that are hard to decipher only by listening to them.

I’ve always wondered what just about all the lyrics are on Squarepusher’s Shobaleader One, but I can vaguely tell “Laser Rock” is about doing away with fantastical, unproven explanations of phenomena.

Some phrases that stand out (but I could be wrong deciphering) are “are we really living in dream?” and “out with you’re poo poo” are a few that made me decide what this could be about.

We Are The Music Makers forum had a thread discussing what the album’s lyrics could be, but I think a lot of it is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l7amhjI-Sk

Good Sphere fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Queen's Mustapha might fit here.

The band has never officially released lyrics for it. They're not included with the LP. Queen's official YouTube has done lyric videos for pretty much all of their songs. This one, you notice, is a "montage video" instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-zh0a6nDTo

Back when the world wide web was fairly young and I cared a great bit more about Queen, there was speculation on a few websites. Half the lyrics are easily understandable to native English speakers, the other half is a lot different. A few of these old fan websites made an effort with Mustapha to make out what exactly it was. I remember a couple of a phonetic transcriptions. Google it now and one of those phonetic renderings appears on lyrics sites.

There have been a few thoughts as to what Freddie Mercury was doing with Mustapha. A few suggestions, most of them from 20 years ago, were that Mercury was mixing in a much less commonly spoken language or two, perhaps something from his Parsi roots. With a much higher internet access level across the world than 20 years ago, the more common thought seems to be that Mercury threw together some nonsense syllables that sounded pretty close, authentic frontier gibberish if you will, and made a little joke track.

Mercury loved him some joke tracks, so yeah 99.9% chance it's this. Especially since he had come up with Mad the Swine a few years earlier.