Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It's golf, so I won't bore you with a megathread style OP.
https://primagames.com/tips/all-ea-sports-pga-tour-road-to-the-masters-game-modes

I bought it and have found it to be very challenging. You begin with very few shot types which really limits your ability to navigate the courses. It's got a grind factor. The upgrading is straightforward but to max your golfer looks nigh impossible (although certainly there are fans out there who will get there.

I am curious if goons would like to make a club for multiplayer. I wanna chat with folks while golfing and maybe learn how to do some things better. I'd especially like to play private matches, the more the merrier.

I play with most assists on whenever possible so it would be a E for Everyone kinda group. If you're interested please drop a post or PM me.

I am not sure about the cross-play situation, I'm still looking to see if PC and XSX players can play together.

Fingers crossed, drop me a line. I enjoy the deliberate pace of golf so maybe I'm just weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I went ahead and created the group "Goon Golf Tournament" for the game on XSX.

My GT is "Captain Howdy 0" so if you'd like an invite please look me up. I'm going to be inviting randos I meet in Multiplayer and try to build a group up. The game is brand new and has some issues but it's solid and has a LOT of content.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

These have to be some of the worst faces I have ever seen in a create a player feature. Every single one looks like the elephant man. How did this ever get out like this?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Lady Faustus took a look at my golfer and said, "Ewwww. Do you really wanna look like that?"

So I had to explain how lovely the character generation is.

Something you ought to know if you're starting out, max level is 50 so enjoy those first 50 levels up.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I’m playing the trial on PS5 but like the gameplay enough to probably breakdown and buy. If I do I’ll get it on Xbox so will at least have one person to rarely play with.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I'm vogtuj on Xbox, been playing a bit, it's fine. I like hitting the ball, play on Tour. That Furyk challenge is impossible on that difficulty, haha

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Have there been a lot of updates since release? I would love some real competition to golf sims from 2K Sports, but when I initially tried the trial of PGA Tour at launch, it was a huge mess. The swinging mechanics and ball physics just felt completely wrong. I could not for the life of me figure out why the ball always went far to the left every single time, and nothing about the UI and swing controls helped me.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

Have there been a lot of updates since release? I would love some real competition to golf sims from 2K Sports, but when I initially tried the trial of PGA Tour at launch, it was a huge mess. The swinging mechanics and ball physics just felt completely wrong. I could not for the life of me figure out why the ball always went far to the left every single time, and nothing about the UI and swing controls helped me.

They did add a 3 Click Swing but…I dunno, I felt like I had a monkey’s paw wish granted. It works but it is way too slow and easy when I tried it, unlike something like Everybody’s Golf where it felt quick and narrow enough for you to have to pay attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, the 3-click works Too Well, in my opinion. There's definitely something 'floaty' about the stick swings, though, and I haven't bothered looking into getting better tempo to get perfect/perfects - just accept that I'm going to be between 1-3% off a 'perfect' swing and adjust from there.

As far as it always going left, kind of no way to diagnose it without seeing what you were doing - my biggest mishits are when I under- or over-adjust on a slope, though.

I'd say it's "too easy" at times, because it's a golf video game, but I did the seasonal tournament at Augusta on Sim difficult for 0 tickets and holy poo poo, good god drat luck.