Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

Then again, I don't have a follow-up centric team to really make Aventurine shine in a way that distinguishes him from Gepard. It just feels weird to me to see all this "fu xuan and gepard are bad, thank god I have aventurine" doomposting.

It's not doomposting. I've never liked Gepard because his shields are tied to his ult. It's also not "Fu bad", it's my Fu is bad with the relics and builds I have available for her. Which is what I've said every time I've mentioned my particular problems with my Fu on my account in the current MoC. It feels a little disingenuous to make it out like I'm saying she’s bad when I've been singing her praises since she was released. It's only in the current content that I've struggled with her. You're welcome to hop on my account and work with what I have available.

This is also the first MoC since Topaz's release that I haven't been able to throw QQ and SW at a problem and have them solve it for me. That doesn't mean "QQ bad" or "mono Quantum bad". It means my builds of those characters are bad.

The average speed of my characters is 130. The average crit ratio is 65/130. My Sparkle is in complete rainbow set with 97 crit damage just to reach 160 speed, and I haven't seen any appreciable benefit from that benchmark. I also don't have Huo Huo, Ruan Mei, Black Swan, or Acheron. I'm essentially playing on hard mode compared to half this thread.

Tldr; When I complain about a character, I'm complaining about my options with said character. Your characters are not my characters. We have different problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

qbert posted:

The 2.1 banner characters have been crazy pants. Gotta be the strongest duo of characters in a patch so far, right? And from the leaks, doesn't sound like anything's beating it for a while.

Has been crazy since 1.6 really. Ruan Mei is one of the best Harmony units period, Dr. Ratio currently does the best single target damage in the game and he was free. 2.0 gave us Black Swan, who boosted Kafka to being one of the most damaging units in the game and then Sparkle, who can do most things Bronya can do plus generate excess SP. 2.1 gave Acheron, arguably the strongest DPS in the game at the moment and then Aventurine which you know my thoughts on.

It’s three patches in a row with some of the best characters in the game.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

I mean we literally have someone on this page asking to what degree how broken he is which itself is hyperbole

And I literally spelled out that my Aventurine is under leveled and half built, and yet he's already meeting my needs for a sustain. I'm not sure how that is hyperbole? Like, it was rhetorical. That wasn't clear?

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

The average speed of my characters is 130.

Oh no

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Gepard is still way preferable for me with Acheron. With Sparkle he can basically skill whenever he wants to so ult uptime is not an issue and his petal generation is hard to beat. I did have a good Knight set ready to hand down though since I was trying to use March all the way up until last patch.

My Aventurine is only 70 and already he is exactly what I wanted for FUA teams. Really feels awesome. But I can’t imagine he would feel great with Trend on an Acheron team compared to Gepard.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Selenephos posted:

I’d argue the only destruction blessing that is good for her is the increase Max HP one though. Most do nothing for her or are actively bad and the Destruction path is the last one you want to take with her to boot.

Yeah, I know I sure as heck hate "when you lose HP, get energy", "when you lose HP, gain Fighting Spirit", "get buffs to Defense and Effect Resistance based on percents of HP lost", and "damage taken is reduced by stack of Fighting Spirit". All terrible.

Also the Destruction resonance only drains HP if you take that resonance boost. If you're that worried about it, just... don't take 14+ destruction blessings? :shrug:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Like I said, loving hard mode. I have literally 2 gloves with speed substats. It just doesn't exist on my account.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/hxg_diluc/status/1781366598030520413

not exactly a perfect metric or anything but kind of interesting

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

What is holding rate? Is that % of accounts that have him? How would they figure that out?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

self-reporting. thats why they give the 'sample size.' its not a poll of every single account, its using data from an account manager/optimization app. thats why its not at all a perfect metric, but it is still interesting.

given that its from an optimization account its biased towards the 'meta' characters, naturally.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Was already beginning to think myself that the Bronya drop rate is simply higher than all other 5*s.

This just proves it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That 0.3% of the population that's spitefully letting Ratio rot in their mailbox

e: yeah these results are super skewed, DHIL barely above Jing Yuan in ownership?

Eej fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 20, 2024

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

My Kafka is still on Lightning set with 128 speed.

I really need to grind out the DoT/FUA cavern more, I have lots of both DoT and FUA characters, there's just more and more characters I want to build, all the time! My Aventurine is mostly set (oh no, only 3900 DEF, how horrrrible), but now I need to grind out mats for Jingliu to justify all those jades spent on her!

at least I can probably get away with trading Ratio's debuff set onto her for a while as long as I always use my E5 Pela + Pearls with her

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Was already beginning to think myself that the Bronya drop rate is simply higher than all other 5*s.

This just proves it.

pretty sure that's people using their selector on her if they don't just get her naturally.

unless :thejoke:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This just proves it.
the differences between the standard pool ones is, jokes aside, probably just down to which ones get picked from the selector at 300 pulls. maybe some amount of rerolling, too. bronya's the only one you could justify rerolling for so her being that much higher makes sense.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eej posted:

e: yeah these results are super skewed, DHIL barely above Jing Yuan in ownership?
tbf that one makes sense to me. DHIL has 'meta' appeal but Jing Yuan is very very popular as a character with a subsect of fans. i think a lot of people in this thread underestimate how much CN fangirls love him.

and DHIL's rerun was the same patch as sparkle's release so if you're a hardcore meta player who didn't have him you were probably better off skipping him for sparkle.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I dunno, I got two Bronya's in two days this week. There's something going on behind the scenes, I can tell.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I still haven’t had one Bronya since launch. I do have Argenti though and s1, or in other words “the time I learned to never listen to YouTube hype”.

I’m surprised Topaz is that low.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'd have rolled for Argenti if I was playing then. He's cool

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

rio posted:

I still haven’t had one Bronya since launch. I do have Argenti though and s1, or in other words “the time I learned to never listen to YouTube hype”.

I’m surprised Topaz is that low.

She was right after Fu Xuan and Jingliu, and people were hyped for Ruan Mei in a couple of patches, so most people skipped her, Huohuo, and Argenti.

i'm not most people, in that i skipped Fu and Jingliu for Topaz, then picked up Huohuo because I had also lost my 50/50 on Luocha and desperately needed a limited sustain

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have argenti and im glad of it, though part of the reason i rolled for him is i had a busted champion of streetwise boxing set that was rotting on sushang so im sure thats skewing my opinion of him.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I really like Argenti. I also enjoy pairing him with Sushang. Though with me having everyone but Jing Yuan and Sparkle, the only characters I've come close to regretting rolling are when I went for e2 Silver Wolf and Huohuo. E2 Wolf just doesn't do enough damage to make up for the lost utility of 2 turn ult. And Huohuo just feels awkward for me to use outside of a DoT team, the people I know who really love her have her e1 and I do not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Endorph posted:

not exactly a perfect metric or anything but kind of interesting

I have the ones in green and yellow. Dr. Ratio and standard characters are in yellow because they're a bit different than limited 5* who I pulled for. I would definitely have pulled for Dr Ratio though, I was saving up for a guarantee for him and used it on Kafka instead.

Black Swan, Topaz, and Blade are 3 of my 5 favorite characters (the other two being Aventurine and Dr Ratio). I'm a little surprised they're so unpopular.