Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I guess you're CPig's client?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I am. What’s your wincon seeing as he’s dead?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Tbh I should have lost by now. Are you town, scum or 3p SK because idk how this game is still going on.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Shouldn’t you know if I was town? If we were both town this game would be over so I assume you aren’t

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Yeah I'm trying to figure out why this game is still going on. I didn't target CPig last night so? You killed them?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
There has only been one scum flip this entire game. You have to be scum or 3p? Can't be town vig...?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Can we both achieve our win conditions?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m not town obviously I’m just not sure what you are

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
What's your win con? Last one standing?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
You should have won by now unless your wincon is being the last one standing.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

What's your win con? Last one standing?

Unassailable control, all threats eliminated. Clearly you’re a threat who can assail my control

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Okay... Should we no lynch so we can quickly get into night so we can end this game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Are you a lynchbomb?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
yes, i assume that the reason we're still talking is because i can explode both of us and thats the funniest way this game can end

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’d rather that didn’t happen. If you can still kill me at night, oh well.

##vote no lynch

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
##vote no lynch

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for Execute No One!.

Votecount for Day 9
With 2 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 09th, 2023 at 8 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 3 hours, 59 minutes.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
A tense day passed in the shop with the two remaining contestants warily circling each other and throwing out careful probing questions. Soon the night fell and the two separated heading down different aisles. As they walked they found their surroundings changing to corridors of an empty courtroom, would final judgement be passed tonight?

Night 9 The Courtroom has begun
You have 18 hours to submit night actions

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
The Mongoose and Cat met in a vicious struggle of claws and fur, but ultimately the Mongoose was able to trick the cat in to turning their own claws against themselves gaining the upper hand. The Nightmare had taken over the dream and the consequences would remain to be seen.

T a s t e Tähtipöly, Peaceful nap-aligned Cat has had their nap annoyingly interrupted night 9

quote:

You are Tähtipöly, Peaceful nap-aligned Cat

You were having a nice nap when a whole bunch of strange beings crashed in from somewhere and you found yourself in some odd shifting forest instead of your peaceful cottage. You have no idea where your partner has run off to, but you don't sense her anywhere nearby, probably off to gather more ingredients for that new dream spell she's been talking about. So as usual you're going to have to take care of things yourself and make these beings pay for interrupting your nap, however you do sense that someone among them is sympathetic to your cause and might be helpful in your task.

You win when you have unassailable control over the vote and all threats to you have been eliminated so you can have a peaceful nap again.
At night you can ##Hunt one player tracking them down and forcibly removing them from the dream.

You gain one Dream point for each 12 hours that begins on the first day and one at the start of each day starting from day 2. You will also gain one Dream point if you kill the Secret Mayor.
You can spend a dream point to gain one of the following oneshot abilities at any time:
Juggernaut: Can be used together with your Hunt action. It becomes unblockable and ignores any protection effects tonight
Ninja: Can be used together with your Hunt action. You become undetectable while performing it
Poison: Replaces your Hunt action. Target one player to poison them, they will be removed from the dream at the end of the following night.
Bulletproof: passive, protects you once from a killing action.
Active camouflage: Act cute and innocent, tonight any investigation targeting you will return results of town and not able to kill if it would reveal such information. This is a free action.

You get a fake claim that you may use if you wish and a role description for what a potential vanilla role would look like.
You are OMGUS, Town-aligned Vanilla

Oh my god they suck, they all suck so much. You're clearly town and anybody voting for you must be scum. Only desperate scum would be casing you and none of those cases even make any sense. You've got them now and if everybody else would just follow your lead this game would be over in a few days.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.
You have no power other than your vote.

The Nightmares have won the game!

Tired Moritz

quote:

You are A mongoose, Nightmare-aligned Roleblocker & Bus driver

You're the strangest looking mongoose anyone has ever seen, at least if they catch a glimpse while your form is shifting. You were happily finished hunting down and eating the crew of another spaceship, settling in for a well deserved rest, when you suddenly found yourself here in this strange place. An odd man who's not quite human approached you and promised that together you could take control of this place and find a way back home.

You win when your team has unassailable control over the vote.
At night you can either ##roleblock target one player preventing them from taking any actions tonight or ##busdrive target two players redirecting actions targeting one to the other and vice versa.

You get a fake claim that you may use if you wish.
You are Billy Johnson, Town-aligned Roleblocker/Busdriver

How the hell did you end up here? Did you take a wrong turn somewhere? You don't have time for any silly games, your schedule is too drat packed already. Deadlines are looming and you have so much work you barely have time to stop for a delicious burrito, you need to find a way home fast.

Cloacamazing!

quote:

You are Tobias Altonbridge, Nightmare-aligned Nightmare Warlock

You're not entirely sure how you ended up here, whatever this amalgamation of dreams is. You think it might have something to do with the odd resonance you've been feeling while working on you new nightmare curse. Whatever the case may be now you need to take over this dream and find a way back home. You've managed to find a few others with ambitions of power among the dream beings and recruited them to work together.

At night you can use one of the following oneshot abilities:
Curse of the faceless: Your target's flip will be janitored when they die. Your team will receive your targets flip information when they die.
Curse of agony: Your target will wake up from the dream at the end of the following night. Using this ability replaces your team's night kill.
Curse of lethargy: Your target will be roleblocked the following night
Seek infernal knowledge: You investigate your target's alignment, the result will be town or not-town

You are Flavor Case, Town-aligned Strategist

You can sense it, you can taste it, there's something off about that flavor, they must be scum. Sure the mod might have made an unintentional mistake or might just be loving around, but you're certain you've found them out. You're going to win this game and you're going to do it with good taste

JOAT type role

CubicalSucrose

quote:

You are Mod confirmed town, Nightmare-aligned JOATfather

You're the towniest town to ever town, everybody should know that. So what if you did actually roll scum this time, who cares you're still the towniest player around.

As confirmed town any investigation targeting you will return results of town and not able to kill if it would reveal such information.
At night you can use one of the following oneshot abilities:
Ninja: Using this requires you to be the one performing your team's night kill. You will be undetectable while performing it.
Doctor: Target one player to protect them from a killing action tonight
Guide: Target one player to make their night actions immune to redirections of any kind for tonight

You are Night action bingo, Town-aligned Guru

Something doesn't add up with all these claims. Somebody has to be lying about their night actions. It's time to bust out the excel sheets and make sense of this mess. You're going to solve this game and nail the scum on their lies

JOAT type role.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Why didn’t my bp proc

E: answered elsewhere

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 9, 2023

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

👎 suffer not the tmor to live

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

👎 suffer not the tmor to live

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Thanks for the game illu! This was a fun setup that had me guessing the whole time.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Thanks for the game illu! This was a fun setup that had me guessing the whole time.

Totally!

Good job scum, especially tmor

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Oh hey, my flip was finally un-janitored! Gosh, that must have been so annoying for all my fellow townies! :smuggo:

Great game, Illu, you did some really creative stuff with a lot of the roles and the flavor writing was top notch!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

thank you so much for the grand game Illus! I had a tonne of fun :) And well done scum!! You really pulled a number on us :o

Just a quick tick, this post pinged me at the time and I just wish to clarify.

N/A posted:

i think i appreciate this post as an attempt to make fun of peoples' posting today but yeah it's not making you look great
I am truly sorry for looking like I made fun of peoples' posting. This was never my intent but it is my responsibility and I apologize for my posting in that regard. I posted frankly and earnestly, maybe too much at times but it was never sadonically or with the mindset of mocking or making fun of others. But I'll definitely keep 'tone' in mind in the future to hopefully not do this again. Thanks for the heads up on it ^^

Otherwise, I had a blast and thank you again Illus for the running the game :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Good game everyone, but mostly TMor and Clo for carrying my corpse to my first non-town victory.

Fun game, Illu! Some reflections and favorite moments:

Meta-flavor (with a Finnish spin) was fantastic.

Uncapped D1 was an interesting design choice that worked out about as well as it could have. Led to some interesting discussion in-thread and a lot of setup spec in scumchat.

A single VT is funny.

The CYOR was great, and the backup worked surprisingly well. Deciding to not flip the actual role was the right choice, I think.

Locations were puzzling. Clarifying that they had mechanical implications might have been better. I think there's a lot of design space there.

I wasn't the only one to hypothesize tent-hot-tubs!

Scum felt very, very powerful. Large game and we barely won, but I think we had a better-than-normal-scum chance at the start of the game.

Enjoyed Sand repeatedly hypothesizing F&I and calling every actual town player scummy.

Wol's D2 gimmick was neat. I don't want to have to ever deal with it again, but neat.

Giving scum the list of roles and allowing them to choose amongst themselves who will be what is something I really like.

Gravemodder getting the seer power was fun.